Greetings,

Will QEMU using TCG instead of KVM emulate CPU features that are missing on the
host processor? Specifically, will it emulate ESA/390 architecture on a z14 or
z15 with this config:

  <cpu mode='custom' match='exact' check='none'>
    <model fallback='allow'>z900.3</model>
  </cpu>

for example?

I've already confirmed that config doesn't provide features from newer CPU
models but we don't have a z14/z15 so I can't confirm that it will emulate
older features on newer CPUs.

I know that performance will be worse (maybe much worse) with TCG instead of
KVM but I'm investigating this as a short-term solution for a specific use case.

Thanks...

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390