I have an (old) IBM SHARE presentation here on how to set up and use
SMSG on Linux I can send you. I think it is kind of a pain to set up but
it does work.

Another approach would be to have a simple TCPIP server running on
Linux.....you put the information about the RDR file you just sent to
Linux into a packet, and send that packet to the TCPIP server. The
server then takes the packet and gets the spool id, file name, etc. and
then decides how to handle the RDR file that just arrived. No polling
involved.

Good luck.

DJ

---
BEST REGARDS

   DAVE JONES                 IBM Z CHAMPION [1]
    Managing Director for zSystems Support, zLinux, and Cloud
    ++1 281.578.7544 (Cell)
    Web: www.itconline.com [2]
    18502 Purdy Ct. Houston, TX  77084  USA

Links: