On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 3:56 AM Christian Borntraeger <
borntrae...@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> Am 17.10.22 um 05:24 schrieb Grzegorz Powiedziuk:
> > Hello,
> > has anyone tried installing openshift SNO (single node) on Z?
> > I was able to install it on x86 using the official procedure from redhat.
> > But going through the same process with KVM on Z doesn't work well so
> far.
> >
> > I know it is not supported etc. This is just for testing/learning and
> fun.
>
> Just reached out to our OCP team and in fact they have not touched SNO on
> the
> IBM zSystems platform so far. Smallest OCP entity they have tested and
> therefore
> support is 3-Node-Cluster.
> Is there any usecase you follow except for fun and learning? A compelling
> case
> will help to get some focus on SNO.

Thank you Christian. There is a potential use case  - training/classes.
Having an SNO  for every student in class instead of a full 5 nodes cluster
(or even 3)  is much more feasible.
And in general, I would think there are clients out there who don't have
enough memory and IFLs at the moment on their mainframes to spin up an OCP
cluster with 5 nodes so giving them SNO would give them at least a chance
to try it out.  8vCPUs/32G/120G is much more appealing for a small POC :)
Besides that, installing SNO, probably would be much easier and faster than
installing a full cluster so less terrifying for new users who just want to
see if it works with their apps.

x86-ers have SNO. It would be nice to have it too :)

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390