On 3/17/23 7:36 AM, Rick Troth wrote:
This reply got longer than I expected.

That happens.

(Which 'vmcp' on my system gobbled up, returning the usual 1 for
shell norms.)

I feel like there should be a way to capture the 40 and pass it further out.

I said I was forced to use it because at the time I was in the habit of
simply doing 'echo' in shell or "Say" in Rexx or printf() In C.

I was thinking that you could do similar using `echo` et al.

Then something wonderful happened. One or two kind souls translated the
message source into their own language.

Suddenly, with no changes to the code, people could use this application
and get responses (it's not all about errors) in their own language!

Now I understand why this is more portable ~> thus better than simple
`echo` et al.

Thank you for highlighting the localization by changing swapping out the
messages file with one in the local language.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390