Hi all,
I've got a problem with 'elkcmd' and building a small (128K) root image.

I've chopped down the list of things included so that it is less than 128K.
This was done whilst the disk image is 360K.

When I adjust the image size down to the 128K the 'MAKEDEV' script falls
over even though there is (appears) to be plenty of space. It is called
after the disk structure is created, but before the executables are copied
(which account for the most usage).

Here's a snippet of the errors with MAKDEV (run by hand) ...
        leper:/mnt/dev # ./MAKEDEV
        /bin/mknod: bdb: No space left on device
        /bin/mknod: bdb1: No space left on device
        /bin/mknod: bdb2: No space left on device
        etc, etc,

        leper:/mnt/dev # df -h
        Filesystem            Size  Used  Avail  Capacity Mounted on
        /dev/hda3             309M  291M   1.7M     99%   /
        /dev/hda1             1.2G  779M   420M     65%   /dos
        /dev/hda4             343M  277M    48M     85%   /opt
        /opt/src/elkscmd/root
                              122K   31K    91K     25%   /mnt
        leper:/mnt/dev #

Anyone got any bright ideas what's happening and how to solve it??

Simon Wood

Hardware Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc
Victoria Road, Saltaire, Shipley
West Yorkshire, BD18 3LF
Tel : +44(0)1274 532000  Fax: +44(0)1274 532029

This E-Mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee
please notify the sender by return and delete the message. You must not
disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or attachments to any third party
without the prior consent of the sender.