I already mailed it inside the small ELKS development group, I want to
add an ethernet driver for the Crystal CS8900A chip. I know this chip
very well, and I can do this. For a little 8bit controller (Atmel AVR)
I also write a driver an a little IP stack with ARP, UDP and 'ping'.
This should only replace some field bus. The ethernet controller:
        see   http://www.embeddedethernet.com

I need this at home, so I will write it (I don't know when exactly,
as I also have to work on other things....)

So first I will port my primitive filedbus-like stack (arp, udp, ping
and perhaps bootp) to ELKS to connect a embedded target to a host, and
later on I will search a more complex stack (ideas from linux or what
ever.....)

With friendly regards

        Christoph Plattner