On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, COIFFIER =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric ?= wrote:

>     I've installed EKLS on an old 386 with 2Mbytes RAM. I've tried
> several versions and I've remarked that the older versions are faster
> than the newer. The starting is the same but the shell is slower.
>     The change is appeared between the 0.0.76 version and the next one.
>
>     Why ?

Could it be anything to do with differences in the root images used?
eg. different shells (ash is slowwer that standalone).

Therer doesn't seem to be too muych mentioned in the Changelog.

Mods to tty stuff shouldn't give any sort of noticeable difference, or fs
stuff. There is mention of changes to timer code, but I don't see why any
stuff like that should make any noticable difference.

Lukeboo