On Tuesday 21 February 2006 01:04, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I got an annoying problem with my fan, when I boot the system,
> it is allways on, with full speed. If I start compiling some stuff,
> or use BurnP6 to get the CPU over 65 degrees, the fan starts
> to behave right and goes into passive mode on cooldown.
> The notebook is an Asus M68Ne and has the latest bios installed.
> cat trip_points shows :
> critical (S5):           105 C
> passive:                 100 C: tc1=2 tc2=10 tsp=100 devices=0xc14d5ea0
>
> cat cooling_mode
> <setting not supported>
> cooling mode:   passive

There are  more people out there with different kind of fan problems.

1. Does grep _WDG /proc/acpi/dsdt matches?
2. Is this only when resuming from a suspend?
3. Do you get semaphore/mutex errors in the latest 2.6.16-rc3 or higher
   kernels?

Best is you grep bugzilla.kernel.org for fan problems assigned to the ACPI
component. Search for a related one and add your info (dmesg and acpidmp output
of a recent kernel) or open a new one if you think it's unrelated. Please CC me.

       Thomas
-