Bruno Ducrot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 12:33:30PM +0200, Thomas Renninger wrote:
> > >
> > > dsdt.dsl  3275:                                         And (Local1,
> > > 0xFFFF)
> > > Warning  1104 -        Result is not used, operator has no effect ^
> > >
> I'm not sure if that's one is harmless:
> > > dsdt.dsl  3275:                                         And (Local1,
> > > 0xFFFF)
> It's as if the asl writter wanted to clear the upper bits of Local1, but
> forgot to
> assign it back to Local1.  It might be something like this:
>       And(Local1, 0xFFFF, Local1)
>
> It's only a rough guess though, and wihtout knowing what was the
> original intention, and without the source of the ASL, it's hard
> to tell for sure.

This is the context around there. I can send the whole asl if you'd like
also:

                                Store (C15B, Local1)
                                If (Local1)
                                {
                                    If (And (C165, 0x40))
                                    {
                                        Add (Not (Local1), 0x01, Local1)
                                        And (Local1, 0xFFFF)
                                    }
                                }

                                Store (Local1, Index (DerefOf (Index (Local0,
0x02)), 0x0E))

Of particular interest that I'd like to get going also is the built in
accelerometer, which I only discovered browsing the ASL:

            Device (ACEL)
            {
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("HPQ0004"))

"HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor"....but that's for another project. :)

Ben

-