On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 21:01 +0200, Peter Pregler wrote:
> Arto Pastinen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone got Suspend to Ram work on Acer TravelMate 3022WTMi?
> >
> > I even fixed DSDT, but it still freezes on return from sleep, the hard
> > disc shows little action, but then everything is blank..
>
> I think this describes the problem with all Acer TM 3xxx. I have a
> TM3201 and have the same problem. Additional symptons: display backlight
> is off, fan is running. I tried about all the tricks including all
> debugging that is possible without a serial console with no success.
> And since I have no docking station, i.e. no chance for a serial
> console, I simply gave up.
There is firescope, setting up the kernel console output over firewire:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=114412300502236&w=2
There might be some machines having problems with it (all you need is a
cable and your firewire device must be OHCI1394 compliant AFAIK), but I
tried it out once and it worked fine.

There is even something additional to set up kgdb over firewire,
Bernhard knows more about this...

    Thomas

-