Hi,

I'm looking into suspend-to-RAM on my Tyan S2895 K8WE motherboard
(x86-64). It does not work, "mem" is not listed in /sys/power/state

I have tracked down the problem to this code
(acpi_get_sleep_type_data(), drivers/acpi/hardware/hwregs.c)

  /*Evaluate the namespace object containing the values for this state*/
  status = acpi_ns_evaluate(info);
  if (ACPI_FAILURE(status)) {
    ACPI_DEBUG_PRINT((ACPI_DB_EXEC,
                      "%s while evaluating SleepState [%s]\n",
                      acpi_format_exception(status),
                      info->pathname));

    goto cleanup;
  }

The message produced is:
        AE_NOT_FOUND while evaluating SleepState [\_S3_]

Does this system simply not support suspend-to-RAM or can something be
done on the Linux side?

The system does support: S0 S1 S4 S5

acpidump:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/misc/s2895-acpidump.txt