Is your ioport included in the microsoft's list being blocked by XP?
Please give me an example (acpidump output from a real box)
that demonstrates ACPI is missing something which must be done
through native driver. I'm wondering the designer of the box should
already known AML code will directly access these ioport. why they
needs some other native driver to access same set of ioport at same
time with acpi. It sounds like obvious broken design.  So my real
question is the native driver is really wanted by the platform
designer? As a hacker, it make senses to discover more
hardware/platform features. But do these features make sense to the
designer of the box.