> > can you send me the acpidump so I can figure out how to set the DMI entry?

thanks for the acpidump.
Like other Acers, acpi_osi=Linux sets OSYS=0x03E8,
a value which no AML code checks for.  But it prevents
the settings for Windows, thus disabling all the (tested) paths
that Windows takes through the BIOS.

This includes a bunch of hooks in docking, device power management,
and who-knows-what 2nd-order hooks througout their 8000 line BIOS.

Unless comebody can show that acpi_osi=Linux specifically helps
some Linux functionality, there is a strong case to keep
it disabled by default on this Acer, and all Acers.

thanks,
-Len

            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))