Malmat")

From: Marty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Malloy digest, volume 2451800
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:59:12 GMT

Dave "Fozzy" Tholen wrote:

> Marty writes:
>
> > Dave "Fozzy" Tholen wrote:
>
> Where did that come from, Marty?

The previous attribution in this thread.

> >> Where did that come from, Marty?
>
> > The previous attribution in this thread.
>
> You didn't explain where that previous attribution came from, Marty.

I explained that it came from the attribution previous to it.

> >> You didn't explain where that previous attribution came from, Marty.
>
> > I explained that it came from the attribution previous to it.
>
> You didn't explain where the attribution previous to it came from, Marty.

I pointed to your lack of culture.  Was that not explanation enough?

> >> Incorrect, given that I've been asking all along, but you've relied
> >> on illogical circular responses.
>
> > You didn't ask the first time it was used.
>
> Incorrect; see ninety eight lines (including blank lines) below, Marty.

Why bother, when we can unroll it back to the original articles:
http://x64.deja.com/%5BST_rn=ps%5D/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=669027990

Note my first usage of "Fozzy".  Note how you had not questioned its origin in
your reply.

> >> Unnecessary, Marty.
>
> > On what basis do you make this claim?
>
> On the basis that I wrote my question, Marty,

Incorrect.  You made a statement.  You had not posed a question.

> thus it was unnecessary for you to read my mind.

How can I answer a question that you haven't asked without reading your mind?

> >> How ironic.
>
> > Pointing out your pontification is not pontification, Dave.
>
> Without substantiating evidence for a pontification, your "pointing
> out" is indeed a pontification, Marty.

The evidence of your pontification is what I replied to, Dave.

> >> Incorrect, Marty.
>
> > Then how do you expect me to interpret your made-up words?
>
> What alleged "made-up" words, Marty?

"whee", Dave.

> >> What alleged error, Marty?
>
> > DT] You didn't explain whee that one came from, Marty.
>
> Where is the alleged ambiguity, Marty?

"whee", Dave.

> >> Where is the alleged irony, Marty?
>
> > Witness your evasiveness.
>
> What alleged evasiveness, Marty?

Witness the fact that you have not clarified what you meant by "whee".

> >> It doesn't say anything bad about it, Marty.
>
> > On the contrary.
>
> On what do you base your contrariness, Marty?

On the basis of the incorrect nature of your statement.

> >> How ironic.
>
> > Where is the alleged irony?
>
> Where you've pontificated, Marty.

And where would that be?  How ironic that you speak of pontification.

> >> I see you failed to answer the question again.
>
> > How can I answer a question containing a made-up word?
>
> What alleged "made-up" word, Marty?

"tyopical", Dave.

> And why are you now using the singular, but above you used the plural:

Because there was only one left after pointing out the other.

> >> What alleged answer, Marty?
>
> > The one above, Dave.
>
> Where above, allegedly, Marty?

On a line previous to the one on which I first mentioned "above".

> >> Why?
>
> > Because it would be something that I would like.
>
> Why?

Because I would enjoy that.

> >> How ironic.
>
> > Where is the irony?
>
> Where you've pontificated, Marty.

How ironic.

> >> I see that you are not looking at other threads to avoid admitting to
> >> inconsistency.  No surprise there.
>
> >I see that you are still having trouble sticking to this thread for your
> >argument.  No surprise there.

Note:  no response.

> >> No it doesn't, Marty.
>
> > Classic pontification.
>
> How ironic.

Where is the irony, Dave?

> >> The same as yours, Marty.
>
> > Even more pontification.
>
> How ironic.

Where is the irony, Dave?

> >> Incorrect, Marty.
>
> > Prove that I'm not glad, if you think you can.
>
> Unnecessary, given that you have done such a thing, Marty.

Classic pontification.  Prove that I have "done such a thing" as "not be
glad".

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jeff Glatt)
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:03:16 GMT

>> > Because it would be something that I would appreciate.

>> Why?

If there is anyone who isn't yet convinced that Tholen is the
intellectual equivalent of a kindergarten student, then the above
exchange should provide conclusive proof. Visit any kindergarten
classroom and eavesdrop upon an adult having a conversation with a 5
year old and you'll see the kid playing Tholen's part with equal
"finesse"

------------------------------

From: Jason Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: [OT] Public v. Private Schools
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:25:00 -0600

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> WickedDyno wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > 3.6 ppb = 0.00036 %
> > >
> > > Please explain how a 0.00036% concentration of CFC's is going to
> > > wipe out a >1% concentration of O3
> >
> > It's a catalyst.  Catalysts can be present in very small quantities and
> > still have an appreciable effect on the rate of a reaction.
> >
> > Argument from personal incredulity just plain doesn't work.
>
> Aactually, we know that 03 levels drop significantly in the absence
> of sunlight.
>
> We ALSO know that CFC are extremely heavy molecules that really
> don't make it into the upper atmosphere.

Explain the readings that say otherwise.  I bet DuPont fucked with
everybody's equipment.

------------------------------

From: Jason Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: [OT] Global warming. (was Public v. Private Schools)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:23:37 -0600

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Jason Bowen wrote:

>claims
>higher than

>based on
>North

>continent produces less CO2
>way more than is consumed.
>elementary algebra class will help

> > > Your Eco-chicken-little scenarios were discredited YEARS ago, little
> > > *BOY*
> >
> > Notice Aarons persists that I am from the left and doesn't provide proof
> > for his claims.  A stinking pile of shit has more sense than him.
> >

> If it looks like a duck
> waddles like a duck, and squawks duck-nonsense, chances are, it's a
> duck.

I'm sorry you can't back your claims with proof.  If my claims were
discredited years ago you should have a lot to reference and yet can
seem to provide them.

------------------------------

From: Jason Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:26:29 -0600

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> [...]
> > variety, who *use* well-meaning but naive environmental activists to
> > promote that agenda.)
> >
> > , but
> > : this world has been through huge floods, all sorts of geological
> > : disasters (giant earthquakes, massive volcanoes spewing millions of
> > : tons of CO/2, methane, and all other sorts of noxious gasses into
> > : the atmosphere) and look where we are today, paradise.
> >
> > We have an environment that is in many respects better than it ever
> > has been (more free from infectious disease, for example).
> >
> > The challenge is keeping it that way.
> >
> > And in spite of the progress we've made, there still are serious
> > problems such as air pollution in large cities, both air and water
> > pollution behind the former Iron Curtain, rapid deforestation in
> > certain areas (mostly South America and Latin America), and, to be
> > blunt, unsustainable development in certain parts of the world where
> > there simply is not enough guaranteed fresh water to sustain life.
> > (The wealthy oil states of the Middle East, and the urban areas of the
> > southwestern U.S., are prime examples of this).
> >
> > Preventable diseases still kill tens of millions in the poorest
> > countries.  Wars and famines caused mostly by statist political
> > ideologies claim many more.
> >
> > We're doing better than we did in the past in many ways, but there is
> > still much work left to be done.
> >
> > As a libertarian I hope it can be done the way it should be, namely,
> > by voluntary cooperation and consent.
> >
> > But it does need to be done.
> >
> > I don't know if global warming is something we can control, or should
> > attempt to.  But I certainly would like to know.  And I certainly
> > suggest caution in the meantime.
> >
> > : We're do for
> > : another ice age here in about 25-50,000 years or so, we're probably
> > : just seeing the cycle repeat itself and seeing the ecosystem building
> > : up and building up for the next ice age when it'll all start over
> > : again and the same thing will happen 100,000 years after that like
> > : it's done for the past several million years.
> >
> > Probably.
> >
> > But in the meantime I'd like those who will come after me to be able
> > to enjoy the same, or better, environmental AND economic conditions
> > that we have today.
> >
> > To ensure this, we must avoid both extremes.  We must not destroy
> > people's livelihoods in a vain attempt to meet arbitrary or
> > unrealistic goals that might not be necessary or even worthwhile.  At
> > the same time, we must not ignore the mounting evidence that warming
> > *is* occurring, that human activities *may* be contributing to it, and
> > that the costs for dealing with it *will* be staggering.
> >
> > : Humanity is not even a blink of an eye in the Earth's history and
> > : it's not about to be destroyed by us.
> >
> > Unlike some of my more left-leaning peers, I'm not concerned about the
> > destruction of Earth, so much as I am about the destruction of human

This is the best Purdue has to offer?  Wow, I am stunned by the level of
student they put out there.

------------------------------

From: "Bruce Malmat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.windows98
Subject: Re: So did they ever find out what makes windows98 freeze up all the time?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:33:19 -0400

In other words ... no, they didn't find out what makes Win98 freeze up.

Ingemar Lundin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:c9wx5.114$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

"Greg Topf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i meddelandet
news:mYvx5.5510$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Actually its not common, its not an indication of the default behavior of
> win98 at all, you likely either have a hardware or software problem
> somewhere.  I, as well as many of my clients, have win98 boxes running,
and,
> in fact, being used daily, up for weeks on end without so much as a
> hiccup....
>
> --
>
> Greg M. Topf
> MCP+I. MCSE (NT4, Win2k)

save your breath Greg...youre talking to a religious man
cant convince them of anything...

/IL