  Re: Arrrrgh!  Hoist the Jolly Roger! (William Burrow)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:29:36 -0500

Mathew wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > Mathew wrote:

>killing a lot
>is a

> > > Numerous monopolies work on this premise.
> > >

> > And any and all which do are operating illegally.
> >

> > Of course, a good little Communist like Mathew is all for monopolies...
> > as long as it's a GOVERNMENT monopoly...
>
> Do you have orgasms spewing this bullshit about me?

Truth hurts, eh?

> Is there any reason that you insinuate things about me,that I have never
> even given my opinion of?

Please cite how your philosophical view of government policy
differs from that of Communist philosophy.

Accuracy counts, so be precise.

> This is the true menatlity of an immature person,either emotinally or
> intellectually.It quite sounds like what a fascist says.

No... actually, I just decided to start calling you people
for what you are.

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:31:27 -0500

Mathew wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > Mathew wrote:

> > > I heard the Mob is not so much in control of Vegas now.
> > >

> > Which one of the voices in your head told you that?
>
> Logic.They control it very much less now than they did in the 60's and 70's.
> The Feds want to make sure they get all of their tax money.

Considering that it's an ALL CASH business, perfect for money
laundering....how would taxation deter the mob from desiring
and maintaining control in Las Vegas?

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stefan Ohlsson)
Subject: Re: Multitasking
Date: 1 Apr 2001 02:12:39 +0100

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:00:31 GMT, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>I'm not sure about Amiga's scheduling being the best (it didn't have
>dynamic auto-reprioritization, which meant that a high-priority CPU-bound
>task could lock out the lower-priority ones) but AmigaOS most definitely
>had the smallest footprint, and probably the most elegant design
>internally, at least of that era (I haven't studied BeOS or OS/2), and
>now my understanding is that the new version of AmigaOS will borrow,
>if not take outright, the QNX kernel -- assuming they haven't already.

That was the plan once, since then it has gone over to Linux and then
to TAO/Elate and their Virtual Processor code see:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-amiga3/?dwzone=linux

In essence, it's about .NET without Microsoft. :)

I don't know what the new "Amiga One" will use, maybe they'll go for QNX on
that...?

>The Amiga was definitely an impressive machine -- and I still hear rumors
>of it coming back. :-)  (Maybe it's because Microsoft hasn't ported NT
>to it yet...)

Wouldn't _that_ be the proverbial final nail... Seriously though, yes the
rumours are floating and they seem to be somewhat backed up, too. Recently
a new version of the AmigaOS (3.9) was released for the old machines, so they
aren't gone yet either.

/Stefan
--
[ Stefan Ohlsson ]  ·  There will always be survivors - Robert A. Heinlein · []

Of course, this is written on one of "those" :) The platform whose only
Microsoft contamination is a buggy BASIC interpreter ;)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:33:45 -0500

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>
> > You know, Bill, for someone who claims to be an officer in the United
> States
> > Army, you really are a thick-head mule. (*)
>
> Better than being the horse's ass every one knows you to be, wannabe "war
> hero".

...so says the supposed officer who has never even served in a war zone.

> > A) The USSR supported insurgencies whose primary goal was to "liberate"
> > the people into enslaving themselves under the yoke of Communism
> > (name one Communist country which isn't a totalitarian police state),
> >
> > B) the US supported insurgencies to overthrow totalitarian police states.
>
> US supported many totalitarian police states, you idiot.  Chile is but one
> example.  You truly really are clueless, KuKuNut.

So, what you're saying, then, is that we AREN'T supporting an
insurgency in Chile.  I notice how you snipped where you said that
the reason the USSR didn't like us was because we were supporting
insurgencies.

> > Compare and contrast.
>
> Yeah, do that would ya, wannabe.

Translation: Bill Hudson, kollij grajuit, can't handle this freshman
level analysis.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:41:10 -0500

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:56:07 -0500
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >"T. Max Devlin" wrote:
> >>
> >> Said Aaron R. Kulkis in alt.destroy.microsoft on Fri, 30 Mar 2001
> >>    [...]
> >>
> >> Nothing, if you're a paranoid schizophrenic.
> >

> >OK...now...for the NON-paranoid schizophrenic...
> >What's the difference between a mob of "illegal immigrants" and
> >"invading army" other than the numbers?
>
> Uh...organization and equipment?  :-)
>
> Admittedly, I for one don't see much else; if a mob breaks into a
> gun store that sells, say, AK-47s, they're going to be inherently
> dangerous (to themselves, if nothing else!) and may have to be
> dealt with as though they were an invading army -- note that invasions
> by armies (organized mobs or no) can now be suppressed through a bevy
> of tools the Founding Fathers may never have imagined, never mind
> having.  (For examples, FLIR, helicopters, communications equipment,
> hovercraft [*], rapid-deployment forces such as urban SWAT teams and
> their military equivalents, AWACS monitoring planes, and satellites.)
>
> Even without semiautomatics, a mob is still something to be reckoned
> with, albeit somewhat carefully lest the rest of the country get
> wind of what happened and charge the military with excessive brutality
> in carrying out their mission(s) (a variant of "communications equipment"
> includes news broadcasts).  It's not clear to me whether the
> general lay public of the late 1700's knew the viciousness of some of
> the aspects of the Revolutionary war, or of wars subsequent until
> the early 1900's, when radio first appeared.  (I don't know offhand
> when radios were first mass-produced, but it was probably around
> World War I.)
>
> Of course, there are a few other problems the Fathers may not have
> thought of, such as aircraft flying illegally over the border, as well.
> (Guess what they're carrying? Probably not candy for babies. :-) )
> They might have had to worry about hot-air balloons, but that's about it.
> Given my previous calculations, it's not clear whether a musket rifle
> could have holed a baloon or not -- and even if a balloon were to
> successfully touch down, it would require a ground team to recover it,
> implying, again, organization.  (Not sure how they'd carry it without
> a truck, admittedly; perhaps a large flatbed or sledge dragged behind
> a horse team?  :-)   Would there be, ahem, enough horsepower?)

Now...take into account the fact that before Vicente Fox was elected
President of Mexico, the official policy of the Mexican government was
that any and all Mexican citizens would retain ALL rights of Mexican
citizenship, including voting rights, if they move into California,
Nevada, and New Mexico....EVEN IF THEY GAIN U.S. CITIZENSHIP -- which
requires that your RENOUNCE your citizenship in your old country.

Also, remember that the Nazi's invaded Norway through a similar
tactic.

The Wermacht sent soldiers to Norway as "tourists".  Then, on the
assigned night, they met in warehouses, changed into their uniforms,
broke out crates of weapons and ammo, and thus Norway was occupied
overnight with barely a shot fired, and none of that messy business
of having to fighting to capture a beach nor an or airfield with
a subsequent "breakout" campaign to expand beyond th beachhead
or airhead.

Now...with these facts in mind...would you care to reconsider your position.

> [.sigsnip]
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random misquote here
> EAC code #191       54d:17h:38m actually running Linux.
>                     Microsoft.  When it absolutely, positively has to act weird.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (William Burrow)
Subject: Re: Arrrrgh!  Hoist the Jolly Roger!
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:43:01 -0000

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:39:50 GMT in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You know, every producer is actually like this; they might, if they're
>lucky, come up with one single real "innovation" in their entire
>history.  The rest is just the normal development of technology.

Then Apple is exceptional?

--
William Burrow  --  New Brunswick, Canada             o
Copyright 1999 William Burrow                     ~  /\