From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windos is *unfriendly*
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:09:16 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 08 May 2001 12:07:20 -0700, GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >Chad Everett wrote:

> >> I suspect he's really stubborn and pigheaded.  I have two degrees too,
> >> and work with PHD mathematicians and engineers.  Many highly educated
> >> people are very myopic and some have trouble thinking outside "their
> >> box".
> >>
> >> You're right though.  Something is not right.  Either Goodwin is
> >> a degreed programmer who can't tie his own shoes, or he's
> >> purposely being stubborn for some unknown reason.
> >
> >I knew a Boeing engineer that tried to change his spark plugs in his
> >ford with a pair of pliers!  He broke half of the plugs in the process.
>
> Not to pick on Boeing or anything but my neighbor who is a retired
> Boeing engineer was cutting off a tree limb last year while he was
> sitting on it. Not really a problem, except for the fact that he was
> sitting on the end of the branch that fell to the ground.
>
> He also tried to repair the manual transmission in his Honda Accord.
>
> They had to come with a flatbed and cart it away, with the tranny in a
> million pieces in a milk crate. It was hysterical with gears, springs,
> pawls,shafts, ball bearings and c-clips all over the place.
>
> Other beauties include installing his own very large oval above ground
> pool and not following the directions concerning leveling the ground.
>
> The water was 6 inches higher on one end of the pool.
>
> Pool collapsed on 4th of July weekend 2 years ago and sent a tidal
> wave down through the yards of the other houses on the street.
>
> It looked like something out of the Ten Commandments Movie.
>
> Every time I fly on a Boeing plane I think of him and I pray :)

This is why there is a job known as the "release engineer", who
checks everything out so that the terminally stupid and their ideas
can't contaminate a project.

> Flatfish

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How to hack with a crash, another Microsoft "feature"
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:15:50 -0400

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> > >
> > > "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > >
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > 20:25:59
> > > everything he
> > > minute.

> data.
> and
> > > the

> insecure,
> > > it
> and

> I'm
> > >
> > > No, that would expose the algorithm to people with disassemblers, making
> it
> > > no longer secret.
> >
> > Then its not secure then is it?
>
> You must have a strange definintion of secure.  Secure simply means that the
> data cannot be cracked (or can't be cracked within a time frame in which the
> data might still be useful).

Wrong.

Secure means
EVEN WHEN THE ENEMY **has** THE ALGORITHM, THEY ***STILL*** CAN'T READ IT.

Hope that helps, moron.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Article: Want Media Player 8? Buy Windows XP
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:21:59 -0400

GreyCloud wrote:

> Ayende Rahien wrote:
> >
> > "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > without

> > http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.technocrat.net/964911538/index_html
> > >
> > > I think a lot of people get mired down in the details without realizing
> > > the whole forest in front of them.  I got most of my software thru Sun
> > > which has GPL code in it.  Sun had libraries that mix with GPL code and
> > > still sells it.  In the code however, is a mention of GPL.  Maybe Sun
> > > pays a small royalty to the programers??  I don't know, its what I see
> > > that I have on hand that tells me GPL isn't a problem.  Most of the GPL
> > > software that shipped with Sun OS was on a separate CD.  Sun does not
> > > support that software as they didn't write it and you have to read the
> > > docs that came with it. Also, look at IBM.
> > > The thing I sense of the spirit of GPL is to prevent MS from taking it
> > > and owning it and charging a high price for it.  As long as companies
> > > give it away or give credit and pay royalties for it thru special
> > > agreements I see no problem.  The best thing to do for a lone-wolf
> > > programmer to do is see his lawyer if in doubt.
> > > Why do I see so many Linux distros that have some good programs provided
> > > written with GPL code for sale?
> >
> > Because people are nice.
> > I could *demand* you to give me your GPL code, both as binary & source, and
> > you would have no choice but to comply, and the only thing you could charge
> > me for is S&H.
> > My problem with GPL, again, is not that it prevents embracing & extending
> > the code, that I consider as a good thing. I don't like the fact that you
> > can't *use* it with any other code.
>
> Yes, people are nice and should be.  Its a good business practice that
> brings back repeat customers.  Its reality.... Sun does use GPLed code
> with their own as well.
> What maybe is that the reverse could also be true that GPLed code can be
> mixed with Suns code as well.  I feel that Sun is embracing Linux and
> the GPL more and more.  At one time I participated in a survey with Sun
> in regards to StarOffice... they asked if I would just pay a monthly
> rental for StarOffice.  I responded that I can get StarOffice for free.
> I think that brought Sun down to the stark realities of where the market
> is going and also opened up their eyes to GPL.  For the developer, it
> would be best to get a professional legal opinion of GPL.  From what
> I've seen so far is that MS can't own it, so they dislike it.
>
> Of course, if you mix your code with GPLed code and just sold the
> binaries who is going to know the difference?

$ strings [list of executables and libraries]

> This question is an open one as I'm not sure if anyone has ever been
> caught doing this yet.

MafiaSoft has been caught using BSD code...which is why they are
all for the BSD license and HATE The GPL.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:26:11 -0400

Ray Fischer wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >robert bronsing wrote:
> >>
> >> The majority of AIDS patients and HIV positive people in the world are
> >> heterosexuals.
> >
> >Then how come, if someone asks "what the hell did you do to get this
> >deadly, but very UN-contagious disease", they are accused of being
> >anti-homosexual?
>
> Because stupid bigots like to rationalize their hatred of gays by
> blaming them for AIDS.

No.  I merely refuse to associate with people who are so fucking suicidal.

> --
> Ray Fischer         When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  into you  --  Nietzsche

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows NT: lost in space?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:27:13 +1200

Tom Wilson wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Tom Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > <snip>

> chess-player's

> negative
> > >
> > > Explains the massive amounts of Vodka guzzled, too.
> >
> > No...the vodka guzzling is for the same reason that medieval Europe lived
> > on wine...  fresh water that isn't properly treated is potentially lethal.
> > And most tap water in Russia is NOT potable
>
> I wish *I* could find so good an excuse as that (Big vodka fan) <g>

Just to note, the rubbish we get in the west, is not the real vodka.  My
father was on a trip in the Czech Republic, the taste of the real
Russian vodka is awsome.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:28:03 -0400

robert bronsing wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > robert bronsing wrote:
> > >
> > > The majority of AIDS patients and HIV positive people in the world are
> > > heterosexuals.
> >
> > Then how come, if someone asks "what the hell did you do to get this
> > deadly, but very UN-contagious disease", they are accused of being
> > anti-homosexual?
>
> Well, that's because the great united states of america started by
> calling AIDS 'Gay Cancer' (if you remember the eigthies, and how mr
> Reagan was so open about this disease).
> The reason is that the first AIDS patients in America were San Fransisco
> gays. It got this air of homosexuality about it and conservatives (you
> may know them) made it into a 'gay disease'.
> It is not. Viruses don't discriminate. They take what ever host they can
> get. The virus was introduced in a community that back then had quite
> loose sexual morals, which allowed the virus to spread. If you have
> unprotected sex with many different women (or men) you stand a good
> chance of contracting HIV. Has nothing to do with homosexuality.
>
> You can be disgusted with homo's all you want, I don't really care. But
> this type of weird believes about AIDS can be dangerous.
>

> > If AIDS != homosexuality
> > then why is less than enthusiastic support for AIDS groups = anti-homosexuality?
> >
> > Hmmmmmmmmm?
>
> I don't know, and it's also not what I encounter in everyday life.
> Hence, I think you're lying or you're uninformed about this disease.
> Makes me wonder what else you're not so well informed on...

I find it extremely interesting that whenever there is a question of
FUNDING for AIDS research, anybody who opposes the cost figure is
an 'anti-gay bigot'...but any OTHER time, AIDS is *not* a gay disease.

Either AIDS is a gay diseas, or it's not.

Pick one fucking position and stick with it.

> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
> > ICQ # 3056642
> >

> --
> Robert Bronsing

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:29:35 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Wed, 09 May 2001 10:35:31 +0200, robert bronsing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Then how come, if someone asks "what the hell did you do to get this
> >> deadly, but very UN-contagious disease", they are accused of being
> >> anti-homosexual?
> >
> >Well, that's because the great united states of america started by
> >calling AIDS 'Gay Cancer' (if you remember the eigthies, and how mr
> >Reagan was so open about this disease).
> >The reason is that the first AIDS patients in America were San Fransisco
> >gays. It got this air of homosexuality about it and conservatives (you
> >may know them) made it into a 'gay disease'.
>
> It didn't help that at the time AIDS was starting in San Francisco, gays
> were having rampant, open sex orgies with completely random strangers in
> public "bath houses".  They'd all of been dropping dead of every VD
> known to man if they're hadn't been treatment for most of them.

And when Reagan tried to shut down the bathhouses, PRECISELY because
of the spread of AIDS was DIRECTLY linked to the bath-houses, he was
he was pilloried as a bigot.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:30:27 +1200

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Tue, 08 May 2001 07:45:48 GMT, Tom Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >"Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> ><snip>

> >> Mind you, wouldn't you play chess if you lived in Siberia, from negative
> >> 50 degrees celcius during the winter to a max of 35-40 degrees celcius
> >> during the summer.
> >
> >Explains the massive amounts of Vodka guzzled, too.
> >

> and when the vodka runs out, they switch to polyethelyne glycol.
Not true.  Most Russians I know don't tank themselves to oblivion. That
statement is a gross western generalisation of Russians.  It is a bit
like how the Soviet union saw American youths who wore jeans as
subordinant and evil.

Matthew Gardiner