Linux-Advocacy Digest #12, Volume #35             Wed, 6 Jun 01 18:13:07 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Linux dead on the desktop. (drsquare)
  Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop (drsquare)
  Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop (drsquare)
  Re: XP - what's for me? (drsquare)
  Re: Best Distribution? (drsquare)
  Re: Best Distribution? (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux starts   getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: Linux beats Win2K (again) (drsquare)
  Re: Windows XP Ushers in New Era of Communications (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: What does Linux need for the desktop? (drsquare)
  Re: UI Importance (The Ghost In The Machine)
  Re: UI Importance (drsquare)
  Re: UI Importance (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: Best Distribution? (drsquare)
  Re: Best Distribution? (drsquare)
  Re: Best Distribution? (drsquare)
  Re: Silly Gnome DNS lookups (drsquare)
  Re: SourceForge hacked! (drsquare)
  Re: Windows advocate of the year. (drsquare)
  Re: LINUX PRINTING SUCKS!!!!!!!! (drsquare)
  Re: UI Importance (Macman)
  Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop (Ray Fischer)

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:33 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:48:09 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)) wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 00:36:03 GMT, Christopher L. Estep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>>Star Office? (Max, it's available for Windows (and it's still free), but
>>can't compare feature-wise to Office 97, let alone either 2000 *or* the
>>just-released XP.)
>
>Name a feature that it lacks compared to Office 97.

Not taking 5 minutes to start up.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:33 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 07:07:22 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> >Do homosexuals have a much shorter lifespan than heterosexuals
>> >a) no
>> >B) YES
>>
>> No.
>
>National Institute of Health statistics indicate that
>the CORRECT ANSWER IS (B)

Who?

>> >Is it due to deadly diseases that they spread amongst themselves
>> >a) no
>> >B) YES
>>
>> No.
>

>National Institute of Health *AND* Center for Disease Control statistics
>indicate that the CORRECT ANSWER IS (B)

Who?

>> >no more questions, your honor.
>>
>> Why not?
>
>You've never noted the number of 20-50 year old fags dying of AIDS,
>Hepatitis, TB, and other nasties?

No, I haven't come accross any cigarettes dying of AIDS, but I've
noted quite a few heterosexuals catching it. Looks like it's a good
job you're queer after all.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:34 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:42:15 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Laura M. Hagan" <doesn'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> drsquare wrote:

>> You've never noted the number of 20-50 year old fags dying of AIDS,
>> Hepatitis, TB, and other nasties?
>
>    Sexual group with lowest incidence of AIDS transmission:
>Lesbians.  Those are homosexuals, in case you hadn't noticed.
>If disease transmission is to determine whether a sexual relationship
>is "good" or "bad," then women ought not engage in heterosexual
>sex at all -- they should all become lesbians.
>    That what you're advocating, Kulkis?

That's what his wife advocated 30 years ago!

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: XP - what's for me?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:35 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:09:10 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Pidcock)) wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 03:22:18 -0500, "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:

>>It wouldn't be much of an internet if each country cuts themselves off from
>>the rest of the world, now would it?
>
>How does outlawing MS products equate to cutting oneself off from the
>rest of the world?  Well it might if MS gets their way and all
>internet access uses their 'standards'.

Don't worry, we can just have to set up a rival internet, using ipv8
or something. Then we can hack into and launch DOS attacks on the MS
internet, forcing everyone onto the new network, the protocols of
which ban microsoft products from using.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Best Distribution?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:36 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 13:41:39 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>>>Postscript code.
>>
>> Who the fuck puts postscript code in their sig?
>

>I do.

Do you?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:37 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 13:42:02 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>>>GAK!
>>>
>>>I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't point it out :-)
>>
>> Never mind, I bet the spam bots will never pick up any addresses like
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], or even [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>You really are a wanker.

Oh, don't be so miserable! I bet it's only a fake address anyway.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:37 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:34:09 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Stephen Edwards wrote:

>> >The nationality of those who made past achievements is only interesting
>> >in a social studies class. Here we should talk about the world. After
>> >all, if the Internet has proved one thing is that the world can be a
>> >small place, and ideas can flow. Thanks EVERYONE for the Internet.
>>
>> Still, one cannot deny that most of the best things
>> in life were created right here in the good ol' U.S.
>>
>> Atomic Bomb
>> Stealth Fighter
>
>F-117A A is a BOMBER, not a fighter.

How is that relevant to the US inventing the stealth fighter?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:39 +0100

On 6 Jun 2001 13:02:52 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (quux111)) wrote:

>drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>> On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:09:28 +0800, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  ("wang yin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>>
>>>There is no need to compare Linux with Win2K. Linux's aim should be
>>>beat all Unix!
>>
>> Why would it want to do that?
>>

>Why, because...
>
>...all your base are belong to us! (Badoom-cha!)
>

>Sorry.  I couldn't resist.

I've heard that before a few times. What does it actually mean?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windows XP Ushers in New Era of Communications
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:40 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:07:18 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Flacco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Windows XP:  Microsoft is still going to fuck you, but now they want you
>to wear bondage gear while they do it.

Sounds good to me!

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:40 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:14:12 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stephen Edwards)) wrote:

>Seven rabid koala bears with eucalyptus spittle dribbling from their
>mouths told me that [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Patrick Ford) wrote in

>>> Spoken like a true communist.
>>
>>You're weird!
>
>No, I'm a proud Yank.  And the very notion that
>a person should not be proud of his or her nation
>is absurd.  Everyone should be proud of their
>heritage, and their home.

You're right. Everyone should be proud of something which happened by
complete chance and they have no control over. Everyone should be
proud that by chance they live within a certain set of political
boundaries. That makes so much sense.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:41 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:27:51 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>>>You're weird!
>>
>>He sounds like Kulkis is disguise.
>
>It's quite possible.  They're both
>vastly ignorant, arrogant, and entirely
>comtemptible.

And they're probably fucking each other up the arse as we speak.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What does Linux need for the desktop?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:38:42 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:36:56 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Pidcock)) wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:54:20 +0100, drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:

>>>Well, you can either go directly to RedHat or to a place such
>>>as Cheapbytes (www.cheapbytes.com).  They look like they're
>>>still around.
>>
>>Yeah, but they don't take cash.
>
>Get it from a computer fair then

I refuse to go to a computer fair.

>or find a friend with a CD-R drive

Who also has linux?

>or find a friend with a cheque (check?) book

I have no friends with cheque books.

>or open a bank account

With what money?

>or just stop moaning

Moaning? I wasn't intending to get Redhat or anything in the first
place.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: UI Importance
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:42:59 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ayende Rahien
<don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:05:47 +0200
<9fji5c$hb1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:48:49 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  (Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >I disagree. There's nothing inherent about either CLI or GUI that limits
>> >or proliferates options.
>> >
>> >A CL program can be written to do exactly one thing one way, or it can
>> >have ten man pages worth of options. Similarly, a command in a GUI
>> >application can do one hting with no options, or it can open a dialog
>> >box sporting half a dozen checkboxes, radio buttons, and text fields on
>> >each of several tabbed panes.
>>
>> Yes, and that's nice and quick to use. Never mind typing "-t -y -e 45
>> -p 78", which takes a second, you can type "ctrl+tab, alt+t, space,
>> ctrl+tab, ctrl+tab, alt+y, space, ctrl+tab, alt+e, 45, ctrl+tab,
>> alt+p, 78"
>
>And on the CLI you'll have to memorize all of this options, the GUI allow
>you to just see them.

That's what manpages are for.  Nice try, though! :-)

                    Microsoft.  When it absolutely, positively has to act weird.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:03:54 +0100

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:30:46 +1200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>>leaving lines all over the
>> place,
>
>?

It does. It seems obsessed with putting blank lines everywhere.
Complete fucks up the screen.

>> shitty shell scripting
>
>Debatable.  Most NT Admins can get the job done with it.  Then again, are we
>talking inherent, or are we talking something like perl?

Built into the shell.

>>, less ability to customise the prompt
>
>From Windows 98
>PROMPT [text]
>
>  text    Specifies a new command prompt.
>
>Prompt can be made up of normal characters and the following special codes:
>
>  $Q   = (equal sign)
>  $$   $ (dollar sign)
>  $T   Current time
>  $D   Current date
>  $P   Current drive and path
>  $V   Windows version number
>  $N   Current drive
>  $G   > (greater-than sign)
>  $L   < (less-than sign)
>  $B   | (pipe)
>  $H   Backspace (erases previous character)
>  $E   Escape code (ASCII code 27)
>  $_   Carriage return and linefeed

What about current user? What about current levels of system usage?
What about hostname?

>>, no starting
>> processes in the background
>
>I'll give you that one.
>
>>, no ansi colours in prompt,
>
>How terrible.

It is actually quite important. 1) It lets you differentiate between
the prompt and actual text, 2) It makes it easy to recognise which
user/system you're using.

>> I could go on,
>> but I won't
>
>It's probably best.  The doctor will be coming with your medicine soon

Oh good.

Also, is there a facility in the windows CLI to have startup files?
And can you source more files as you go? Can it do aliases? I can't
remember.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:03:56 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:16:29 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>>> No command history, no tab completion, leaving lines all over the
>>> place, shitty shell scripting, shitty redirection, scrolling back up
>>> the screen, less ability to customise the prompt, no starting processes
>>> in the background, no ansi colours in prompt, I could go on, but I
>>> won't

>Install ANSI.SYS?

I have, but they still don't appear to show up in the prompt.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:03:58 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:33:04 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] ()) wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stephen Edwards) writes:
>>
>> No, I'm a proud Yank.  And the very notion that
>> a person should not be proud of his or her nation
>> is absurd.  Everyone should be proud of their
>> heritage, and their home.
>
>Nationalism and religeous hate have caused more problems on this
>planet than anything else. I'm Scottish and proud of it but I
>don't hate the English for what they have done in the past. I'm
>all for getting away from nationalism. As a yank I would keep
>quiet as your country doesn't have a very good record as far
>as most of the rest of the world is concerned (other than the
>despots you have aided in supressing their citizens).

And the nuclear bomb manufacturers.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:03:59 +0100

On 6 Jun 2001 19:24:42 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (quux111)) wrote:

>GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>> Harsh , but to the point.
>>

>...not.  This is exactly the kind of vitriol I try to stay out of, but the
>notion that patriotism is somehow pointless or wrong is repugnant.

No, it makes perfect sense.

>Patriotism (in the best sense) is nothing more than a sense of community
>and common purpose.  Cynics like those who posted above are generally
>malcontents who don't vote (if they live somewhere where people elect their
>leaders) but bitch all the time about how society is going to hell.

Voting has little to no affect on society.

>When I call myself an American, it's not just because this is where I was
>born.  I am fully capable of moving someplace else if it's just a matter of
>"one place is pretty much like the next".  However, I happen to believe
>that being an American is more than that -- it's about a set of beliefs,
>ideals, ethics, and experiences that are unlike anywhere else in the world.
>And just about any *other* culture/nationality can make the same claim.

I wouldn't be proud of American beliefs, ideals, ethics and
experiences.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:00 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:49:37 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine))
wrote:

>In comp.os.linux.advocacy, drsquare
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>Who the fuck puts postscript code in their sig?
>
>Some people put 3-line perl scripts in their .sig; same issue.
>(In some cases with perl, though, it's a munition -- or was; the
>3-line perl script is an encryption algorithm in violation
>of ITAR or EAR or whatever it is now.  Hopefully the Bush
>Administration has half a clue, here; Clinton finally got
>it after 8 years, but it's distressing it took so long.  :-) )

In that case, I've got a 3 line perl script I'd like to show to
kulkis:

while(1) {
 print "FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!"
}

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:01 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:51:35 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
wrote:

>In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marada C. Shradrakaii
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote
>on 06 Jun 2001 08:33:30 GMT
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>>When will people realise that spam does not work?
>>
>>The problem is that it's essentially free, so if even one person
>>in a million responds, they've done well.
>
>Maybe we *should* implement that apocryphal 5 cent a message USPS tax... :-)

Nah, they'd just find a way round it.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:01 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:27:09 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>>> /d{def}def/f{/Times-Roman findfont s scalefont
>>> setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d
>>> f 5 -1 r 230 350 moveto 0 1 179{2 1 r dup show 2 1 r 88 rotate 4 mul 0
>>> rmoveto}for/s 15 d f pop 240 420 moveto 0 1 3 {4 2 1 r sub -1 r
>>> show}for showpage
>>
>> WOW, that's a very cool page Ed, the
>>  "You can't go wrong with psycho-rats" spirals
>> out around your email address in the centre!
>

>Glad you like it :-)

What does it actually look like when it's activated?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Silly Gnome DNS lookups
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:02 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:39:32 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("ipslo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>I don't know why Gnome insists on doing a DNS lookup every time you open
>an application. KDE probably does the same. If for some reason your
>internet goes down you can't open any applications. Try this, just
>disconnect the network cable and try to open something. It sits there
>like an idiot. When you have unreliable internet service like roadrunner
>this can be very annoying. One weekend their DNS server took 10 seconds
>for every request. It's annoying to wait 10 second to open your
>applications.

Um, go away.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SourceForge hacked!
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:03 +0100

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:25:50 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
wrote:

>In comp.os.linux.advocacy, drsquare
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>I have no idea what you're on about with "dvorak", but I know my
>>keyboard is superior to any others.
>
>The original reference was to a "qwertz" keyboard; the poster
>probably meant "qwerty".  It refers to part of the
>second row of keys (the first row has the digits).  I guess
>it's more pronounceable than "asdfgh" or "zxcvbnm".  :-)
>
>Dvorak is a competing -- brand?  kind?  -- of keyboard which
>has a more logical -- so its proponents say -- key layout (the
>original qwerty was allegedly set up so hammers wouldn't jam in the
>days of the manual typewriter, which is now a total non-issue,
>even in typewriters, which have mutated into a cross between
>a thermal (?) printer and a spell checker.  :-)  Truth be told,
>I'm not even sure how much of an issue it was back in the old days,
>as it's before my time...)
>
>Unfortunately, I learned touch-typing in qwerty in the 6th grade so
>I'm not sure how much hope there is for me.

It doesn't matter, you can just stick labels over the new keys so it
looks like an old keyboard.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows advocate of the year.
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:04 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:01:54 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Nigel Feltham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> I can't believe nobody has yet nominated Aaron Kulkis.
>
>He has already won the award for longest and most irritating sig of the
>year - does he deserve to win the winvocate award as well.

Well, everything he says makes windows seem a much more credible
choice.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: LINUX PRINTING SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:04:05 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:24:42 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Nigel Feltham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>>>Sadly no, not because there is no Fosters, or because I can't
>>>afford any Fosters .... I just don't like beer.
>>
>> What's there not to like about beer?
>>

>I like beer but for some strange reason I get a bad headache and feel sick
>after just 1 pint so I only drink spirits - I can drink at least 10
>vodka&cokes in one evening with no problems.

You're probably just gay or something.

------------------------------

From: Macman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:03:26 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:33:30 +0200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Why would you want to do that?
> >
> >That was sarcasm, it's quite prevelent in these newgroups, you better get
> >better recognizing it.
>
> Well, as they say, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Nah. Even lower are those who don't understand sarcasm.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ray Fischer)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:02:56 GMT

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>drsquare wrote:
>>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >There is no such thing as too much protest against people who
>> >stupidly contract several deadly diseases.
>>
>> Well, you seem to have contracted about 17 mental illnesses...
>
>the desire to protect myself from deadly disease is now a mental illness?

Yes.  Or are you a promiscuous gay man having sex with any guy who
comes along?  Perhaps you should just stop having sex with guys who
have AIDS.

--
Ray Fischer         When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  into you  --  Nietzsche