From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: IBM Goes Gay
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:10:31 GMT

Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
> <snip dubious content>
>>
>> Only God almighty has the power to judge and his judgement is swift
>> and fast.
>>
>> flatfish+++
>> "Why do they call it a flatfish?"

> Flatfish is religous??? Seems to believe in the nasty and vengeful version
> of god. Isn't lying one of the "Ten Commandments"?

Is it beyond reason that flatfish is religious?

It makes absolutely perfect sense to me.  Play the fool with the possibility,
the barest potential of functional brain matter...

Mention god and remove all doubt.

=====.

--
"George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"

---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

------------------------------

From: Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SourceForge hacked!
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:00:59 +0100

In article <9fl5m4$5ic$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> > Implying it does not mean I said it.
>
> In the real world, it equated to the same thing. if you imply somthing
> people will assume you mean it. if you keep implying things that you
> don't mean, then you're an idiot.

I am not responsible for other people's assumptions. You are the idiot
if you make up such assumptions!

> > "Widely"? By a few posters?
>
> Enough people. But yet you took no action to correct them, because that
> is what you meant.

Two people does not constitute enough in my book.

> > Mean what, exactly? What words are you trying to fit into my mouth?
>
> I'm not trying to fit anything in to your mouth. You're trying to say
> stuff without saying it so people can't actually say you said it when you
> look like an idiot (ie frequently).

If I did not say it, then how can you say that you assume that's what I
meant?

Hint: "assume".

You assumed it, not me.

> > I'm not responsible for what others imply, infer or misinterpret from my
> >  comments.
>
> You are if you write your comments in a way designed to be
> misinterpreted, which you do.

I'm not responsible for this or any other assumptions you might make.
I did not design my post to be misinterpreted. You misinterpreted it,
not me.

--
---
Pete Goodwin

------------------------------

From: pip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:20:26 +0100

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> pip wrote:
> >
> > flatfish+++ wrote:
> > > [snip]
> >
> > This thread really does have no place here.
>
> deviancy effects EVERYONE.

Yes I know - am I am being effected by you. Case in point.
Can you just stick to technology at least ?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:19:25 GMT

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>>         flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> > Folks, it's a sad day for IBM supporters because apparently they have
>> > succumbed to the gay pressure and are mobilizing to support this
>> > deviant lifestyle.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > So what do ya'll think?
>>
>> You're a homophobe.

> phobe = fear.

> Did flathead express _fear_
> a) yes
> B) NO.

Psychology.  Yet soemthing else you know absolutely nothing about.

There is actually not *one* argument that can be made against homosexuality
without using religion/ethic as the basis for one's point.  And as we all
know (ever since a certian Bishop; I dont expect you to know who he was,
since religion and philosophy are two more things that you know nothing
about), one cannot base an argument of reason on top of the assumption that
ethic is universal.

Therefore it must be an argument of passion.

So you passionately do not want dick in your mouth, aaron.  I think youve
made that abundantly clear.

Abundantly clear.

In fact, you havent shut up about it in one form or another, *ever*.

I think someone secure with his or her sexuality would have made the point
and let it lie, eh?  I'm sure much of your audience has had enough of your
in-your-face-brand heterosexuality.

>> > Only God almighty has the power to judge and his judgement is swift
>> > and fast.
>>
>> And which god are you referring too? In India there are over 300 million
>> gods. As for any god's 'power to judge and his judgement' being swift I
>> have seen no evidence of this in my 50 years on this planet. Can you give
>> some examples?

> Obviously, you worship the god of butt-raping.

Yet something else you know nothing about--cultures other than amerikkkan
white trash.

=====.

------------------------------

From: "Mart van de Wege" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Compiling Knews was: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:18:41 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "flatfish+++"

> And for what it's worth, Redhat 6.1 installed perfectly on the same
> machine and I selected SVGA that would do 1024x768 @70hz and 16bpi and
> 50hz-90hz  and it worked perfectly.
>
> TokenRing also worked perfectly with Redhat 6.1 using the ibmtr driver.
>
> So why not Mandrake 7.2?
> Or SuSE 7.0?
> Or Caldera 2.4?
> Or TurboLinux (I forget the #)?
>
> Why Gary?
>
> Why can't X or tr be configured with those distros?
>
> You looking for a day on Long Island at a private beach with all the
> beer you can drink?
>
> Come on out courtsey of Flatfish, config the pos ThinkPad and it's
> yours......
<snip more>

That sounds about correct. Most distro's ship with some sort of database
to autodetect hardware. It appears that the chipset for your Thinkpad is
not in Mandrake's database, which is a major flap for Mandrake, granted.
This is why I like Debian so much, none of this autodetecting shit. It is
fine when your hardware is detected correctly, but there is no way you
can reverse it if it gets things wrong. This is what drives people up the
wall with Windows as well.
BTW if you need a ready made XF86Config for your TP765L, here is a link:

http://www.multimania.com/norguet/thinkpad.html

www.linux-laptop.net is your friend. I used it to get info for my TP 600X
that I recently acquired 2nd hand. It is a great laptop to run Linux on,
really enjoy it (Sitting in my lazy chair with X over ssh is a great way
to play with my desktop workstation on the other side of the room).

HTH

Mart

--
Gimme back my steel, gimme back my nerve
Gimme back my youth for the dead man's curve

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:25:30 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mlw wrote:

>> > What part of "IT's the BEHAVIOR(*)," do you not understand?????
>> >
>> > (*) not the desire
>>
>> Normally I would not even touch such a string of posts. What two adults do in
>> privacy is no ones business. Who gives a flying fl&^%k what two people do
>> together? Seriously what does it matter?

> When two adults spread communicable diseases like Hepatitis and Tuberculosis,
> it is a matter of PUBLIC HEALTH and is EVERYBODY's business.

Yet something else aaron doesnt know anything about; blood born pathogens.

Please aaron, get off the linux advocacy side.  You're doing nothing but damage.

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to heterosexuals
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:26:10 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mlw wrote:
>>
>> flatfish+++ wrote:

>> > Wait until they try to teach "alternate lifestyles" to your children
>> > in school.
>>
>> Fear makes a person small.

> We have a special word for people who don't recognize danger............

Recruits?

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:27:03 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rick wrote:

>> > What part of "IT's the BEHAVIOR(*)," do you not understand?????
>> >
>> > (*) not the desire
>> >

>> So, its the anal intercourse you dont like, or only if its between two
>> men?

> it's the SPREADING OF DISEASE which I don't like.

Never worked at a fast food joint, didja.

If you did, the food service industry would be at the forefront of your
insane rant.

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:28:59 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> drsquare wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:01:47 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >it's not the defect itself that is the problem, it's the BEHAVIOR
>> >
>> >BEHAVIOR
>> >BEHAVIOR
>> >BEHAVIOR.
>> >
>> >Is any of this getting through to you?
>>
>> The only thing getting through to ME is that you're a completely
>> backwards right-wing nut. You're probably getting pissed off right now
>> that Hague's men are taking a good battering. Oh, wait a minute,
>> you're American aren't you? What's the American equiv. of the Tories?

> There are three types of homosexuals:

> a) those who have AIDS
> b) those who will get AIDS
> c) those who will get die before they get a chance to get AIDS.

Yet something else aaron knows absolutely nothing about.

Tell the class aaron, do you have any actual evidence to back up these
psychotic claims of yours?

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:29:59 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> drsquare wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:02:14 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>>
>> >The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>> >They're ALL disgusting.
>>
>> All?

> Ok, I'll give an exemption for worthless people dying in the street.

Wow aaron, we get it already.  You're not gay.

Though I do suspect that if you really actually werent, you would have
let the whole thing drop by now.

=====.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:30:39 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> drsquare wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:29:33 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >And the basis for your claim is.....what, exactly
>>
>> This agency is probably full of conservative rightwing bigots. Like
>> you.

> Translation: I, dr.square, have been reduced to ad hominem attacks.

Do you claim to *not* be a conservative right wing bigot?

And if so, what exactly is your reasoning?

=====.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:33:11 -0400
From: Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Will MS get away with this one?

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Where's Tim McVeigh when you need him?

He'll be in the gas chamber next Monday in case you need anything...

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:37:16 -0400

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > mlw wrote:

> >> Fear makes a person small.
>
> > We have a special word for people who don't recognize danger............
>
> Recruits?

Absolutely not.

Basic training is all about recognizing, alleviateing, and combating
dangers of all sorts.

> -----.
>
> --
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:38:38 -0400

"." wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Rick wrote:

> >> So, its the anal intercourse you dont like, or only if its between two
> >> men?
>
> > it's the SPREADING OF DISEASE which I don't like.
>
> Never worked at a fast food joint, didja.
>
> If you did, the food service industry would be at the forefront of your
> insane rant.

Which is why gays should be prohibited from food service.

Most hepatitis outbreaks are traced back to an infected food service
worker...and male homosexuals have the highest rate of hepatitis
infection in the civilized world.

> -----.
>
> --
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:39:13 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "." wrote:

>> > We have a special word for people who don't recognize danger............
>>
>> Recruits?

> Absolutely not.

> Basic training is all about recognizing, alleviateing, and combating
> dangers of all sorts.

Its actually all about volunteering to die for absolutely no reason at
all.

=====.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows advocate of the year.
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:41:12 -0400

Stuart Fox wrote:

> "Michael Vester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > NT/W2K should only run one application per server. You need a separate
> > computer for file sharing, printing, DHCP, Exchange. Put more than one
> > application on a server, and you will have problems. Also, NT/W2K servers
> > should number about 1 for every 20 users.
>
> With your servers separated that way, you should be able to support between
> 500 - 1000 users on NT/2K, without daily/weekly reboots.
>
> > How NT/W2K ever managed to pass its self off as a stable server platform
> > will continue to baffle me.
>
> We consistently run servers with at least three monthly uptimes.  Of course,
> YMMV

Of course....Stuart fails to mention that none of those 3-month uptimes
are on his LoseDOS machines.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 8 Jun 2001 12:40:14 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "." wrote:

>> > it's the SPREADING OF DISEASE which I don't like.
>>
>> Never worked at a fast food joint, didja.
>>
>> If you did, the food service industry would be at the forefront of your
>> insane rant.

> Which is why gays should be prohibited from food service.

> Most hepatitis outbreaks are traced back to an infected food service
> worker...and male homosexuals have the highest rate of hepatitis
> infection in the civilized world.

Stop right there.  I'm going to have to ask for documentation from two
objective and unrelated sources here.  (a reasonable request if your claim
is actually true)

=====.