Linux-Advocacy Digest #69, Volume #35             Sat, 9 Jun 01 03:13:02 EDT

Contents:
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" (Jesse F. Hughes)
  A tale of Mother Gates and Darth Ballmer (Joshua D. Drake)
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" (Wade Masshardt)
  Re: LINUX PRINTING SUCKS!!!!!!!! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Here's a switch for a change (Donn Miller)
  Re: UI Importance ("Stuart Fox")
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: UI Importance ("Stuart Fox")
  Re: what the heck is going on with the NYSE? (Anonymous)
  Re: Windows advocate of the year. ("Stuart Fox")
  Re: Linux dead on the desktop. ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Time to bitc__ again (cutabove)
  Re: UI Importance ("Stuart Fox")
  Re: Why should an OS cost money? ("Stuart Fox")
  Re: Linux dead on the desktop. (GreyCloud)
  Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft! (GreyCloud)
  Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft! (Greg Cox)
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: More micro$oft "customer service" ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: Laugh, it's hilarious. ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: Linux on Itanium ("Ayende Rahien")

Subject: Re: More micro$oft "customer service"
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jesse F. Hughes)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 05:14:28 GMT

"Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> And how is that any different from the links available based on a page from
> the Netscape "What's related" feature?

While I agree that the reaction on this group has been more extreme
than is warranted, the MS feature is distasteful in a way that the
Netscape feature is not.  Specifically, it rather prominently suggests
related pages by altering the presentation of the page itself.  The
Netscape feature is a much less visible menu in the menubar (one which
I had never viewed until just now).

According to the WSJ article[1], the MS feature is turned off by
default (in recent builds).

Nonetheless, I think it's a bad feature that may impose an MS editorial
influence on web pages.

The Netscape feature, by the way, has a feature allowing users to
suggest related links.  I haven't heard that MS's feature accepts
similar user input.  I think that Netscape's own "related links"
appear at the top of their menu and other suggestions below, but I'm
not sure about that.

Another difference is that Netscape's links are intended to be related
to the whole page, not individual words.  I don't know if this makes
MS's feature better or worse (in moral, aesthetic or practical
senses), but it's a difference.

Netscape's related links for my own home page are a bit bewildering.
But, my home page is almost content free, so maybe that's not a good
test case.

Hands up, all those that use Netscape's "What's related" menu.

Footnotes:
[1]  Or maybe the Register.  I won't check this reference unless
someone asks.

--
Jesse Hughes
"This update limits certain functionality in Outlook to provide a

------------------------------

From: Joshua D. Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: A tale of Mother Gates and Darth Ballmer
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 05:19:41 GMT

The nuclear capable e-mail virus, which was created by the minions
of Megasot. The story which is told here:

http://www.linuxports.com/TUX

------------------------------

From: Wade Masshardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 00:39:05 -0500

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Thats right. It is from micro$oft, so it is suspect and evil. Lets see,
>you see a serial killer walking down the street, and a body lying in the
>street... whats your guess?

I'm guessing the serial killer works for Microsoft?

|  "Maybe, just maybe, my boys can stop them from getting the book.  |
|   Yeah . . . and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot."                   |
|                                     - Ash, "Army of Darkness"      |

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LINUX PRINTING SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:00:03 GMT

Pilsner Urquell

--
Lonely timeless void
Drifting stars align just so

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Here's a switch for a change
From: Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 09 Jun 2001 01:59:55 -0400

Ray Chason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Assuming those are US dollars, if this guy paid $125 for the upgrade
> license for WinME or Win98 then he got gypped.  Most places I've
> seen sell them both for $90.

I only paid about $50 for my Win ME upgrade.

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: UI Importance
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:09:22 +1200

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >  REG EXPORT /?
> >  REG IMPORT /?
>
> "Bad command or file name"

It's in the resource kit...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:15:02 GMT

In ashen ink the dread hand of Dan did inscribe:
> Nothing.   This is just typical knee-jerk reaction here.   It's a
> Microsoft innovation, so it's automatically suspect and evil.

> Dan

You are finaly learning. Microsoft _is_ evil and just plain wrong. Adding
links to a page I have created is a violation of the Berne Convention
(as soon as I create something it is automatically copywriten).

--
"Religion was born when the first fool met the first charlatan" -- Voltaire

------------------------------

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:12:17 +1200

"Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9fq5as$90k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > Have you actually used Windows?  You can do practically anything from
the
> > command line.
>
> Changing drivers would be nice, how do I do it from the CLI?

Practically anything.  Typically hardware related tasks are not available,
except it probably is possible to stop & start hardware drivers - I've never
tried.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 02:14:26 -0400
Crossposted-To: misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: what the heck is going on with the NYSE?
From: Anonymous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Rich." wrote:

> 1 time in 2-1/2 years is better than pretty good.  How many times has your
> computer crashed in that time?

I run Linux, my computer has never crashed! :-)

  --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
     Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
    -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

------------------------------

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows advocate of the year.
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:18:05 +1200

> Stuart Fox wrote:
> >
> > "Michael Vester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > NT/W2K should only run one application per server. You need a separate
> > > computer for file sharing, printing, DHCP, Exchange. Put more than one
> > > application on a server, and you will have problems. Also, NT/W2K
servers
> > > should number about 1 for every 20 users.
> >
> > With your servers separated that way, you should be able to support
between
> > 500 - 1000 users on NT/2K, without daily/weekly reboots.
> >
> > > How NT/W2K ever managed to pass its self off as a stable server
platform
> > > will continue to baffle me.
> >
> > We consistently run servers with at least three monthly uptimes.  Of
course,
> > YMMV
>
> Of course....Stuart fails to mention that none of those 3-month uptimes
> are on his LoseDOS machines.

None of them are DOS based.  They are NT/2000 machines.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:25:42 +0200

"JS \ PL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> I wasn't including programs, I was listing the "per mb" cost of the
Windows
> footprint on an 80 gb hard drive, which works out to a mere $2.60. Most
> people don't have to get a larger hard drive to install XP though since
it's
> footprint is merely 1 gb.

I'm chocking here.
*Mere* 1 GB? There is not such thing as *mere* GB, for crying out loud.

Do you remember about 5 years ago?
When 2GB HD were the hottest item? And all of Windows was 35MB on disk,
100MB installed?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:25:02 GMT

In ashen ink the dread hand of Dan did inscribe:
>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > http://public.wsj.com/sn/y/SB991862595554629527.html
>>
>> Now if I'm the owner of a website and someone using M$ software comes
>> along and alters my site, I should think my lawyer is going to be
>> contacting someone about what unauthorized actions they have done. I
>> want to think I' see a legal issue here.

> Your site is not changed by this.   Only the display of the page on the
> computer running XP has certain words underlined to create new links.
> Your page has not changed AT ALL.

> Dan
Let me give an example, my competitor has a web site featuring a certain tool,
using Smart Tags I create a link to MY website. Still think I didn't change
your intent when you created your webpage?
A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least
expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your
unit. - the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.

Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.mandrake,linux.redhat
From: cutabove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Time to bitc__ again
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:25:15 GMT

Daniel:
        I took the time to read through the post (long one, that!) and
tend to agree with one major point. "When an app is developed to the point
of stability and then developed to the point of instability something is
very very wrong" (paraphrased from and earlier post by you). I see this
happenning quite a bit and it irks me as well. I keep three linux boxes at
work and one is for public use. Customers can come in, login to their
account, and check their e-mail provided by us in a more secure
environment than the other machines can provide. I consider Linux to be a
triumph of grassroots movements. However as distros move towards a graphic
environment, the possibility of something going hideously wrong rises at
an uncomfortable rate. Fact is, the market is based on how pretty
something is. look in any magazine, the models are pretty, the text is
laid out in a pretty fashion. Everything is pretty. Pretty desktops
sell. Development tends towards the pretty and not the functional, which
makes me want to sit in front of an old stable distro forever.
        But once CDs are replaced by DVDs and all my hardware is old
fashioned, a software "upgrade" is required. How long before Linux doesnt
give you a choice between console and KDE? I shudder at the thought.
        I also shudder at the thought that a customer might get at the
system files. Which brings me to "I dont want to spend all my time
figuring out how to tweak the system, I just want it to work" (another
paraphrase of a quote, please tell me if I'm way off base). I agree that,
yes, most people dont give a rats ass what's powering the system, as long
as it opens their finances.xls or diary.doc files. if it doesnt do that
it's not much of a tool. Granted I'm one of those geeks that spends
rediculous amounts of time shuffling through the system looking for things
to tweak and console utilities (which, I agree again, the killer apps are
the word processors and spreadsheets), but thats what us geeks are here
for. Making it go. opening that file. saving whatever we can off the
unmountable cd. Making the user happy with the tool we've spent rediculous
amounts of time tweaking.
        That, in a nutshell, is why we are irritable, self-rightious, and
damned proud of our chosen systems. If what you read stinks, the smell is
stale sweat.
        Anyhoo, I think I just wandered around an entire country of topics
there. Let me touch on some current subjects just to keep in-line with the
group...
        Mandrake 8.0 bites
        My scanner still doesnt work after 6 months and I dont much
care. Mandrake 7.2 is worth the loss.
        Anyone know of a good console spreadsheet?
        Finally got Pine to work properly, switched to Postfix from
Sendmail. Thanks for the help!

--
Dont take life too seriously
It's not like you'll get out of it alive...

------------------------------

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:33:06 +1200

"Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9fpgg3$ifj$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9fomdf$qcf$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:9fo7c0$n1j$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:9fnbfu$2uvq$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> shell.

Perl's.

> > > Actually, this is incorrect.
> > > Windows has a regular expression, it's accessible via a COM component.
> > > This mean that *anything* on Windows can takes advantage of it,
include,
> > as
> > > it is, VBS.
> >
> > Well the regexp stuff is *part* of VBScript, all you need is
vbscript.dll
> > use them, nothing else.
>
> I don't think so.
> I believe they use the regexp COM for this.
> Can you show some code of what you mean?

To do a RegExp with VB Script, you simply do

Set regEx = New RegExp   ' Create a regular expression

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vsobjRegExp.htm.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vspropattern.htm
shows the patterns that you can use to search.

As you can see this is done without calling any COM objects, which would
typically be done with a CreateObject first.

What is the COM object you are referring to?

------------------------------

From: "Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why should an OS cost money?
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:46:59 +1200

> Said Stuart Fox in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:51:33
> >"Nick Condon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Tech support does and should cost money, so does media. However, the
> >> question is why should an *OS* cost money? You can get an OS without
> >> incurring media or tech support costs. They are three seperate things.
> >
> >Why should a corporation give away the time they've spent developing
their
> >OS for free?
>
> So that people will pay them money and they can make a profit.
>
> >Developing an OS takes time, lots of of it, and that time
> >needs to be paid for.
>
> Selling support contracts, CDs, even just books, is more than sufficient
> to make developing an OS cost-effective.  Developing an OS only takes
> time the first time, and, no, it doesn't really take that much.  Linux
> advocates did it as a hobby, for example.

Given that situation then, why can't Redhat et al make money.

> >Whether you've got sponsors paying for it (ala
> >Redhat, VA et al), or you just your free time, or you work for an
employer.

> Regardless, making money developing an OS as a programmer is not the
> same situation as making money developing an OS as a software vendor.
> Sure, it is possible for a single programmer to act as a vendor, or for
> a vendor to rely on a single programmer.  But in the real world, that
> isn't the issue, and so your constant flipping back and forth from the
> situation for one and the situation for the other without any honesty or
> integrity is really making you look dumb.

If company A is paying programmer A to develop their OS, they need to have a
viable business model to recover the cost of programmer A.  So far none of
the linux companies have proved that their model is viable.

> >If you
> >are expecting to make a return on your development effort, then you need
> >recover your costs (and hopefully for your sharedholders turn a profit).
>
> If you cannot make that return selling at market rates and competing
> fairly, then believe it or not it is illegal.  Business models which
> rely on first clearing out the competition before you can make a profit
> are clearly in violation of federal law.  Again, this is a "believe it
> or not" situation.  You have to be able to recover your costs *without*
> monopolizing, merely competing equally on the merits with all other
> alternatives, most of which will be selected by most consumers.  This is
> why, for instance, as little market share as 40% is legal proof of
> monopolization, unless some competitive justification for the business
> strategy can be demonstrated in court.

Microsoft make a profit regardless of whether their competitors have been
cleared out.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:52:22 -0700

Terry Porter wrote:

> >> Good lord! My Linux box (a P133) seems to run on 0.1% to 0.5% most of the
> >> time. What on earth dows XP spend 6% of the time doing?
> >>

> > HEHEHHE.... reporting back to Microsoft headquarters keeping an eye on
> > him!
> >
> >:-)
>
> Windows 95 used to run the cpu at 100% when doing absolutely *nothing*
> some said it was to scan the keyboard, so its nice to see MS have managed
> to cut that down to < 6% :)
>
> Here's mine.
> load average: 0.15, 0.06, 0.01
>
> --
> Kind Regards from Terry
> My Desktop is powered by GNU/Linux.
> Free Micro burner: http://jsno.downunder.net.au/terry/
> ** Registration Number: 103931,  http://counter.li.org **

Under my Solaris Xsun is taking 3.6% of the Cpu.
That is the largest reported.

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:58:26 -0700

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> [snip]
> > > Just re-implementing Java exactly like
> > > Sun's Java is a ticket to nowhere. It can
> > > never have any advantage over Sun's
> > > Java, since at best it is identical- and
> > > more likely it has some flaws.
> >
> > And watch the tide turn when MS gets out of beta with C#.
> > The shoe will somehow fit on the other foot all of a sudden.
>
> C# is IMHO something of a rehash of J++,
> actually- they are still pushing the same idea
> of "Java, only better at Windows", only they
> can't *call* it Java because Sun's lawyers will
> beat up Microsoft's lawyers.

LOL!! They sure would in a heart beat too.

> IMHO, C# will live or die on being better than
> Java, and I won't place bets on which it will be.
>
> It could turn out that .NET will be no more than
> the Visual Basic of the next century.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that, but
> IMHO MS means it to be a Java-killer, too, and
> that means they must succeed on the *back* end,
> too.

I'm hearing the same argument on the Mac OS X side as well.  Apple, as
I've read in their ng, has hired a lot of Sun programmers to make Java
faster on the Apple PPC.
They call it WebObjects 5.  I'm watching this one and keeping an open
mind about it.
I'm slogging thru the Core Java 2 now and I'm find it interesting.

For MS I think its turned into a pissing contest between McNeally and
Gates.

From: Greg Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 07:05:32 GMT

In article <zzbU6.68942$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9fr2mu$gnv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:mT6U6.68368$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > Sometimes. What I have here is a question: how
> > > is IBM involved in WFC, really?
> >
> > I think the question is why, rather then how.
>
> My question is "how"; I'll ask why once
> I know how.
>
> [snip]
> > > I think MS's software is frequently well
> > > designed, and often better designed than the
> > > competition.
> > >
> > > They rarely get the implementation right on
> > > the first try; it's the good designs they use that
> > > allow them to overcome this in later
> > > revisions of their software.
> >
> > Okay, this is a rational explanation to MS' Ver 3.0 sympthom.
> > Scarry!
>
> I've heard it said that MS uses fresh-out-of-school
> grads for a lot of implementation work, but
> experienced developers for design.
>
> I dunno if this is true, but it explains a lot,
> if it is.

No, it's not true.  Typically developers at MS, even fresh grads, are
assigned responsibility for a group of functionality in project they are
working on.  They are the one other developers go to to get info about
using that functionality in their code or requesting changes to it.  The
developer's manager decides how much time to spend reviewing what the
developer is actually designing and writing depending on the developer's
background, history, and capabilities.

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:46:13 +0200

"Jesse F. Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > And how is that any different from the links available based on a page
from
> > the Netscape "What's related" feature?
>
> While I agree that the reaction on this group has been more extreme
> than is warranted, the MS feature is distasteful in a way that the
> Netscape feature is not.  Specifically, it rather prominently suggests
> related pages by altering the presentation of the page itself.  The
> Netscape feature is a much less visible menu in the menubar (one which
> I had never viewed until just now).
>
> According to the WSJ article[1], the MS feature is turned off by
> default (in recent builds).
>
> Nonetheless, I think it's a bad feature that may impose an MS editorial
> influence on web pages.
>
> The Netscape feature, by the way, has a feature allowing users to
> suggest related links.  I haven't heard that MS's feature accepts
> similar user input.  I think that Netscape's own "related links"
> appear at the top of their menu and other suggestions below, but I'm
> not sure about that.

You can do that too, as well as the site's owner.
You can also opt-out from this.
I suggest that you will get the smart tags SDK, really nice stuff there.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:47:41 +0200

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In ashen ink the dread hand of Dan did inscribe:

> >> Now if I'm the owner of a website and someone using M$ software comes
> >> along and alters my site, I should think my lawyer is going to be
> >> contacting someone about what unauthorized actions they have done. I
> >> want to think I' see a legal issue here.
>
> > Your site is not changed by this.   Only the display of the page on the
> > computer running XP has certain words underlined to create new links.
> > Your page has not changed AT ALL.
>
> > Dan
> Let me give an example, my competitor has a web site featuring a certain
tool,
> using Smart Tags I create a link to MY website. Still think I didn't
change
> your intent when you created your webpage?

Yes.
Because what you did is to change *your* presentation of the page.
You *are* aware that MS has no special magical power that allows a browser
to change the page on the server, aren't you?

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Laugh, it's hilarious.
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:52:11 +0200

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:14:47 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (Michael Vester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>
> >> Typical LoseDOS lusers.
> >>
> >During my past life as tech support, I responded to calls like "My
> >computer won't work!!!" Upon arrival, I turn on the monitor. Or sometimes
> >the box itself needs to be turned on.  The "typical" user appears unable
> >to learn anything. I have discovered a pretty good test for the "special
> >needs" user.
> >
> >Many years ago, I taught computer classes all about dos. Windows was not
> >on the horizon then.  The biggest hurdle hurdle was the directories. Md,
> >cd and rd were the hardest concepts. I tried analogies like file folders
> >in a filing cabinet.  I even brought paper files, file folders and a
> >cabinet to demonstrate what the computer was doing.  Still, despite my
> >most valiant attempts, half the class could not understand.  The other
> >half were angry because the class was being held up.
>
> How can anyone noe understand directories? I could understand them
> when I was 7. God help them if they ever need to learn about
> double-linked lists or bitwise operations.

And here we get to the other wall.
Pointers. Just like some people can't get directories, some people just
*can't get pointers*.

From: "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: Linux on Itanium
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:53:26 +0200

"cjt & trefoil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Microsoft Bob

That is dead and buried, isn't it?