Linux-Advocacy Digest #106, Volume #35           Sun, 10 Jun 01 11:13:06 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals ("Matthew Gardiner")
  Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to heterosexuals ("Deborah Terreson")
  Re: So what software is the NYSE running ? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals ("Matthew Gardiner")
  Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to heterosexuals ("Matthew Gardiner")
  Re: Linux dead on the desktop. (Chris Ahlstrom)
  Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to heterosexuals ("Matthew Gardiner")
  Re: Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows (Chris
Ahlstrom)
  Re: which OS is better to learn for an entry level job? (Charlie Ebert)
  Re: which OS is better to learn for an entry level job? (Charlie Ebert)
  Re: Laugh, it's hilarious. (Charles Lyttle)
  Re: Redhat video problems. (flatfish+++)
  Re: Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows (flatfish+++)
  Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to steve chaney's bum (Frog2)
  Re: The usual Linux spiel... (was Re: Is Open Source for You?) ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust! ("Chad
Myers")
  Re: Windows makes good coasters ("Chad Myers")
  Re: More funny stuff. (flatfish+++)
  Re: Redhat video problems. (Charlie Ebert)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) ("Chad Myers")
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! ("Chad Myers")

From: "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:43:15 +1200

Why is it sick? How is homosexuality evil? how does it affect you?

If you son or daughter committed suicide, and left the note, along the lines
that she/he could no longer hide his sexuality from you, and feared what
would happen if you knew he/she was gay. What would your reaction be?

Matthew Gardiner

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: "Deborah Terreson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to heterosexuals
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:50:08 GMT

==========
In article <9ft96f$6j6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Joseph T. Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 04:19:30 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
> :  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> :>mlw wrote:
>
> :>> > Wait until they try to teach "alternate lifestyles" to your children
> :>> > in school.
> :>>
> :>> Fear makes a person small.
> :>
> :>We have a special word for people who don't recognize danger............
>
> : That must explain why you abhor all kinds of sexual contact, which are
> : equally capable of spreading diseases.
>

> The kind of sexual contact that occurs in civilized cultures -
> lifelong monogamy

..rarely happens.

>  - does not spread diseases.

Deb.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: So what software is the NYSE running ?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:50:00 GMT

Chad Myers wrote:

> "Michael Vester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not too sure about the NYSE, but I think the NASDAQ, unfortunately, runs
> > > on Windows.
> > >
> > > Matthew Gardiner
> > >
> > NASDAQ's web server is Windows. The computer that actually does the
> > trading is a big Unisys mainframe. Microcomputer architecture just isn't
> > capable. It's not a Windows verses Linux issue.
>
> About a year ago it was still Unisys. Last year they announced they were
> moving to Win2K Datacenter. I'm not sure if they actually did it, or if
> it's complete yet or not, but I would imagine we would've heard about it
> if it went south.

Only the front end is running WinDog, the back end is not according to a
Information Week article.

------------------------------

From: "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:50:13 +1200

> Wouldn't that depend on what exactly you were teaching them about it?
> While I don't shield my son from the fact that homosexuality exists I
> don't think I want to teach him that it's desirable or glamorous. I must
> admit the homosexual lifestyle and sexual behaviors are not something that
I want
> my male child aspiring to. There, afterall, are many consequences of
> that choice that might not include the kinds of outcomes I want for
> my son. I think at 10 years old as his gender related sexuality is just
> emerging, I don't want people preaching the benefits of homosexuality to
> him. Just as I prefer not to allow people to preach their religions to
> him. I'll handle teaching him about love, life and religion, the schools
> can handle teaching him reading, writing and arithmetic, thank you very
much.

Lets say, in theory, your son has a pretty normal (well, as normal as you
can be) hetrosexual up bringing, and learns to accept/tolerate people with
different sexual preferences, and you and your son have an open father-son
relationship in which your son can talk to about anything. However,
hypothetically, at the age of, say, 17, he comes to you and says, "dad, I'm
gay".  What would your response be?

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:54:03 +1200

> > You couldnt have been an officer in your imaginary tour during the "gulf
war".

> Decorated 6 times in theater.

It is also well known in the ANZAC's that US soldiers get medals for the
smallest things. Take shit, here's a medal son.  Flip a pan cake, here's
another medal son.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:57:40 GMT

JS \\ PL wrote:

> Do the math - A billion in sales in first year minus half a billion to
> develop from scratch  equals  half a billion in the black....and
> counting....

Even if your figures are accurate, it doesn't affect the main point --
Win 2K server sales were extremely disappointing to Microsoft.  When
you combine these poor sales with the advertising blitz of "Microsoft --
software for the agile business", which appears on teevee, in countless
computer trade journals, and even in Time and The New Yorker, you have
to wonder if Microsoft is succeeding in convincing biznizz in general
that they have the wherewithal to handle the enterprise.

> Not to mention MS is sitting on 20 billion in cash that they don't know what
> to do with. "embarrasingly low sales" isn't a problem at Microsoft as T Max
> Devlin likes to claim. Rumor had it they were going to get rid of some of
> the excess cash by simply buying Yahoo and all it's holdings outright, for
> cash. MS themselves deny that rumor though.

I tried to find more information, but I keep getting messages about
problems with CMP Media's websites.  Sigh, why do some many sites use
old versions of Apache???

Chris

--
Thanks for reading my message.  Please pay up.  My rates are:
US $0.35 for humorous posting.  US $0.55 for trolling in Windows newsgroups.

------------------------------

From: "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 02:00:11 +1200

> > Oh and by the way, how exactly were you defending my constitutional
freedom
> > in saudi arabia?
>
> Simple.
>
> Freedom to conduct business without your fuel prices being subjected to
gouging
> by a Moscow-created Hitler-style dictator.

Oh fuck, here we go again, the Moscow, communist, elephant at the circus,
homosexual, "Staying alive", Windows SUX, feminism sux conspiracy theory in
action again.  Aaron give it up.   The US trying to justify unjustifiable
actions, such as Vietnam. You, are yet another sucker, who believes in all
this conspiracy crap. As for Putin, good on him, I hope, he, along with the
Russian Government majority ownership of Russian Gas, which has 38% of the
world Natural Gas Market, screws the US in to a tiny little pulp, and he
uses the remains to wipe is ass.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:08:00 GMT

somebody wrote:

> Has anyone else read the latest issue of Linux Magazine? There is an interview
> of Dennis Ritchie complete with several photos of him sitting behind his desk at
> bell labs.
>
> his monitor is clearly visible-- very obviously and very ironically running
> ms-windows!  LOL, i had to laugh!
>
> i didn't see any mention of that in the interview, but c'mon, the co-inventor of
> UNIX is now using Microsoft WINDOWS?!?!?
>
> check out the article for yourself. dunno if it's online anywhere.

I saw that article.  I noticed the Windows desktop, too.  Here's
a quote from the article, which I'm holding in my hand:

"There are plenty of Linux fans in Lucent, even though there's a fair
amount of corporate pressure to use Windows."

Maybe that's why Lucent is doing so badly ... the corporate pressure.

Chris

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Subject: Re: which OS is better to learn for an entry level job?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:15:41 GMT

In article <vdAU6.44783$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Steven wrote:
>Which OS should you focus on learning to get an entry level tech or
>programming job?  Linux or Windows?
>
>Thanks
> Steve

Linux as all the development tools are included with almost every
Linux OS.  I would put a high recommendation on Debian.

Windows used to be but most companies are developing for Linux
these days with the knowledge that Linux is the fastest growing
OS in the market and it's better than Windows.

--
Charlie
=======

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:18:47 GMT

In article <9fvjn0$jt1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthew Gardiner wrote:

>"Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:vdAU6.44783$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Which OS should you focus on learning to get an entry level tech or
>> programming job?  Linux or Windows?
>>
>> Thanks
>>  Steve
>
>Remember, don't just learn Linux, first learn PURE UNIX, and Windows, then
>move onto Linux.  The bonus is, with learning pure UNIX, you can move your
>skills from one vendor to another (say from SCO UnixWare to IRIX) and
>experience no problems. Then, once you are confortable, then go into detail,
>if you want, of that partiular vendors version of UNIX.  Unix then leads
>onto Linux, if you choose to take that direction. However, I have heard that
>Linux is good "training wheels" for those wanting to enter the pure UNIX
>world.  I prefer the first approach.  Regarding Windows, yes, you will need
>to learn the internals of it, and yes, you will cringe, however, you are
>more likely to get a job being a Windows admin, however, the trade off is
>that you will earn less money than a UNIX system admin.  Latest newspaper,
>Unix Senior Admin, 120K + bonuses vs. Windows Senior Admin, 65K.
>
>Matthew Gardiner

Windows System administers are generally the societies
down-trodden types.  I feel sorry for their sad little
personalities.  They always dress up in brightly covered
clothing however and keep their heads high!

What a sad little group of doomed people.

--
Charlie
=======

------------------------------

From: Charles Lyttle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.aol-sucks,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Laugh, it's hilarious.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:19:04 GMT

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Charles Lyttle
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:00:44 GMT
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >Shice Beoney wrote:

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> I find it hard to believe there's ANYthing less interesting than
> >> NASCAR.
> >NASCAR - YECCCH. However, you will have to come to the track here and
> >see my Linux/Java enabled '72 Charger 440.
>
> Interesting application.  But is Linux/Java being used within the
> ignition system, or is it some sort of a map add-on, a la Etak, or
> some sort of trip computer?
>
> Those are the apps I can think of for use within an automobile.
> Of course, there's also the ability to play video tapes, which is
> very close to playing video games, in certain vans.  (However, the
> Charger was basically a sedan; the '68 ('69?) Charger, which I'm
> familiar with only because I used to watch "them Duke boys", was
> a two-door (and they never used the doors for some reason); dunno
> if there's a four-door variant.  However, IMO it's a bit big to
> be called a "coupe".)
>
> And one can even throw in satellite Web capability.
>
> As for NASCAR being interesting -- dunno.  A lot of people apparently
> like to watch it (I'm not that avid a follower; it's something to
> pass the time but that's about it -- and ever since Dale Earnhart
> went to The Great Race Track In The Sky, I've lost interest for
> some reason), and it is more interesting than golf (although it might
> not be if I could actually *play* golf, as opposed to whacking at the
> ball and watching it dribble 50 feet; Tiger Woods is a phenom, though).
>
> But there are actually times I'd rather watch Scooby Doo.
>
> But OK...how many of you actually watch the competition between
> various "brains" in the industry -- I think it's a yearly thing?  :-)
> Assuming they're still having it...?  At one point, it was on one
> of our local channels (TV 20, KOFY, IIRC).
>
> >--
> >Russ Lyttle
> >"World Domination through Penguin Power"
> >The Universal Automotive Testset Project at
> ><http://home.earthlink.net/~lyttlec>
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- then again, I'm not a car aficionado
> EAC code #191       40d:02h:29m actually running Linux.
>                     This space for rent.

It's in work. We are adding a commercial fuel injection system. I'm
adding a PC104 form factor with Embedded RT Linux to monitor and report
for now. Later we intend to replace the commercial fuel injection
computer with our own to include spark advance. The idea is to get more
control ( choose tables base on driving conditions : city, highway,
economy, drag). There is a serial port for connecting up an external
computer for diagnostics/reprogramming. Like the current diagnostic
connectors without all the extraneous stuff (No 3 friggin temperature
sensors for the cat. converter).
Any one wants to participate, contact me. There is an Explorer Scout
project working on the diagnostic part (see my homepage below). They
have the user computer working. We bend metal on the automotive end next
week. Anyone want to be a beta tester?

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Redhat video problems.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:25:14 GMT

On 10 Jun 2001 07:41:06 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
wrote:

>You will need to post this on a Linux *help* news group,
>where people may have experienced your problem.
>
>COLA is a Linux advocacy group.
>
>I have some suggestions, firstly re installing is not
>necessary to install a video card, but you'll need to
>read the install notes or get a good book to solve problems
>like this. "Running Linux" by O'Rielly would help a lot.
>
>The program to run, to install a video card is "xf86config",
>and will require you to run as root.
>
>Gnome is also under development, and far from ready to use in
>a production system, no matter what the commercial companies,
>who are eager to make money, may have claimed.
>
>Try a proven and stable Window manager, such as Blackbox,
>Windowmaker, Fvwm, Icewm etc.

Typical Linonut advice.

1.Read.
2. Try another ________  (insert program of your choice here)
3. ___________ is under development so don't expect... (Insert Program
here)

4.Buy a book and yep, read some more.

All the guy wants to do is change the driver that Linux mis-installed.
He's not interested in writing a research paper.

Sheesshh...

Wait till he discovers .Xdefaults, .xconfig and all of the other
wonderful joys of video under Linux.

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:27:51 GMT

On 10 Jun 2001 08:03:59 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
wrote:

>Posted by a Windows user... hi Flatty!

All these years of attempting to advocate and you still don't know how
to read a header.
Wow I thought that was the first thing they teach you to do in Linux
advocacy class?

As usual, you are incorrect yet again.

From: Frog2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 10 Jun 2001 14:23:29 -0000
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are a threat to steve chaney's bum

aaron:
> "." (particle man) wrote:
> > You couldnt have been an officer in your imaginary tour during the "gulf war".
>
> Decorated 6 times in theater.

i done four tours of booty
                        jackie 'anakin' tokeman

you got girlfriend vietnam?

men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
more even than death
 - bertrand russell

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The usual Linux spiel... (was Re: Is Open Source for You?)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:15:00 GMT

"Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9fvbkh$5n$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>

> > LOL!! :-))  I was looking at the other companies' software lineup...
> > they'll recompile the same product for a new o/s and charge more for it.
>
> It wouldn't surprise me at all.
> I just wonder how compelling 64bits really is, enough to make ISV develop
> for it?
> Win64 info is still on its way to me, so I can't tell you if there is
> anything there that is good enough to make an ISV lock its product from
> IA32.
> Databases will certainly use it, and servers, I suppose, but other than
> that?

Graphics or 3D apps? Anything that's heavily (x) intensive probably
will. (x) being IO, graphics, memory, etc.

-c

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:17:42 GMT

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:10:38 +1000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >my point was a windows install is far less intrusive when it comes to what
> >hardware info the
> >user needs to know to get a working system.
>
> That would explain why in windows you need a video card driver to get
> out of 640x480x4, whereas in Linux it goes up to the maximum
> resolution/colour with no problems.

That is, if your driver is present, which most of the time it's not.
And only if the install program sets ther resolution for you, which,
from my experience, it rarely does this.

Windows can always manage to get 640x480x8 no matter what card you've
got, but X will either not start or give you 320x240x2 or x8 sometimes
if it can't figure out your card.

BeOS had a similar problem where if it couldn't figure out your card,
it would default to some strange resolution in black and white.

Why is it so difficult to get 640x480x8? Windows has always been
able to do this regardless of card since Win95, I have yet to see
an OS that can get this basic level without drivers.

-c

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows makes good coasters
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:18:55 GMT

"JS \ PL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Chad Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:08:02 -0500, Chad Myers
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >"The Ghost In The Machine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> message
> > >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > Of course, that is an outright lie.
>
> Come on. It's usually the first experience people have with X Windows.
> Watching X crash back to a console prompt that is.

No, the FIRST experience is editing that rediculous config file and
trying to get your drivers and the clock rate and the resolution and
all the other parameters set correctly. Then, run startx and watch
X crash and burn or lock the machine entirely, reboot, wait for
fsck, then try it all again.

-c

------------------------------

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More funny stuff.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:34:28 GMT

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:17:05 +0200, "Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

13. Person calls tech support for Wordperfect 1.0 and says she can't
install the program because the slot is too small. Tech persons asks
what the problem is and the lady says.

It asks for the  Setup diskette (5 1/4") to be installed in the drive
so I put it in there and hit the enter key.
The machine churns for a while and then it asks for the Drivers
diskette which I have but I can't figure out how to cram any more
diskettes into the little slot?

I think I have a defective slot!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:38:31 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, flatfish+++ wrote:
>On 10 Jun 2001 07:41:06 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
>wrote:
>

>>You will need to post this on a Linux *help* news group,
>>where people may have experienced your problem.
>>
>>COLA is a Linux advocacy group.
>>
>>I have some suggestions, firstly re installing is not
>>necessary to install a video card, but you'll need to
>>read the install notes or get a good book to solve problems
>>like this. "Running Linux" by O'Rielly would help a lot.
>>
>>The program to run, to install a video card is "xf86config",
>>and will require you to run as root.
>>
>>Gnome is also under development, and far from ready to use in
>>a production system, no matter what the commercial companies,
>>who are eager to make money, may have claimed.
>>
>>Try a proven and stable Window manager, such as Blackbox,
>>Windowmaker, Fvwm, Icewm etc.
>

>Typical Linonut advice.
>
>1.Read.
>2. Try another ________  (insert program of your choice here)
>3. ___________ is under development so don't expect... (Insert Program
>here)
>
>4.Buy a book and yep, read some more.
>
>All the guy wants to do is change the driver that Linux mis-installed.
>He's not interested in writing a research paper.
>
>Sheesshh...
>
>Wait till he discovers .Xdefaults, .xconfig and all of the other
>wonderful joys of video under Linux.
>

>flatfish+++
>"Why do they call it a flatfish?"

A good book on running Linux from O-Reily isn't a bad idea
at all.

INSMOD is the commend you run under root to install drivers.
The drivers for the various video cards are under /lib/modules
If you installed Debian you can get the XF86Setup program which
will graphically help you pick your card, monitor, keyboard, mouse
and the such to make setting up video much easier.

Flatfish is right in that Linux is under development in many area's.
It's the fastest growing OS in the world to date with a verfied
userbase doubling every year.  It's growing at twice the market
rate that Microsoft currently has.

There are 250,000 people working on expanding Linux software as
we speak.  Microsoft only has 37,500 employees total.

Linux is far more flexible as an OS than MS Windows and has
configurations to match that.  But like any good powertool,
you have to learn to use it.

And unfortunately, if we all listened to people like Flatfish,
we'd still be eating rice out of tin pans with our fingers.

That's about as far as the human race would evolve.

And I'd be surprised if it got it that far.

--
Charlie
=======

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:23:33 GMT

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:39:00 +0800, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"Nick Condon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> >> Why? It's just where you born. It's not like you achieved anything. Your
> >> parents fucked, and out you popped. It could have been anywhere. So just
> >> keep that image in mind, next time you feel patriotic, just visualise your
> >> father hunched over your mother. Which is all it comes down to, really.
> >
> >Well, I'm proud to be American.
>
> What is their to be proud of.

The American spirit, a nation of mostly good and honest people who,
under great stress or challenge can rise above and conquer any
problem thrown at them.

Granted, the Government has already been ruined by Democrats, but
the American spirit and drive will never die.

> >Strongest nation on earth.  Others will surely balk at me, but who cares.
> >
> >We have the strongest economy, the strongest military,
>
> Meaningless.

Pfft.. you're just an idiot.

[SNIP: rest is irrelevant]

-c

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:24:41 GMT

"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:54:02 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Erm, I haven't and I don't know anyone who's ever used such a term.
> >> And wouldn't that mean Windows advocates would be known as
> >> "shitOSinistas"?
> >
> >No, because people who use Windows are generally grounded and have
> >nothing to prove or attack.
>
> No, I said Windows ADVOCATES. Learn to read you fucked up cunt.

Heh, no call for that. What are you, 13 years old?

*PLONK*

-c