good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (.)

From: Rotten168 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 06:07:42 GMT

Edward Rosten wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Rotten168" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> >> There is nothing outrageous about the petrol tax. We use far too much
> >> petrol in this country. As for your low petrol tax, where has it got
> >> you, oh yeah, the worlds biggest polluter. Great.
> >
> > Nothing outrageous, weren't there like huge riots over there a few
> > months back?
>
> Nope. There were non violent protests. The protestors disbanded pretty
> much when people started coming in to create violence.
>
> I assume you're talking about petrol anyway, since there have been
> unrelated riots recently.

Yes I am, so not everyone was content with the things the way they are
over there. So you're probably in the minority over there.

> >> You have provided no evidence apart from your rants.
> >
> > You have provided ZERO evidence for your worthless assertions.
>
> I haven't asserted anything except saying he has provided no evidence. My
> evidence fot this is in the post. Read it.

No, you're like a broken record... telling people over and over again
about how ignorant people are about history... yet suspiciously hiding
your own vast extensive knowledge on the subject. How odd.

> >> Think about it. If the communists didn't sacrifice 20 million people
> >> against the Nazis and stop them dead on the eastern front, the Nazis
> >> would have overrun Europe with out much problem. You guys would have
> >> been next in the firing line. And there is a reasonable chance that the
> >> US would have been defeated by the Nazis, but we will never know that.
> >> Just thionk, you might owe all of your lives tio the commies.
> >
> > And you owe all of your lives to us. Think about that.
>
> How does that work? Sounds like we all "owe our lives" to the Russians
> for saving all or our arses in WWII. And mabey if we haden't started the
> war, Europe would have been overrun completely rather than stalled for
> long enough and resulted in the nazis overruning all of us anyway. So
> basically, if you think that the war was won single handedly by any party
> you are a complete idiot who really needs to read some more about history.

Ahem:

Edward Rosten wrote:
> >> Just thionk, you might owe all of your lives tio the commies.

Pot... kettle...black. Although I suppose you used 'might' which may buy
you a few points for non-committance.

Anyway, the United States needed Britain and the SU as much as they
needed the United States.

> > Do you really think a country about the size of Texas could defeat a
> > country with probably more than 10 times it's population and even bigger
> > sizewise? C'mon man, grow a brain.
>
> Last time I looked, the whole of europe (what Germany was pretty much in
> WWII) is bigger than Texas. Secondly, there were many, many events that
> meant that the war was balanced on a knife edge.

Agreed.

> For instance, one guy (what was his name?) made a slight mistake and
> calcuated that the amount of uranium needed for an atomic bomb was about
> 10 times higher than needed, had he not made that mistake, we'd all be
> dead now since the Nazis had a very reliable, unstoppable, long range
> delivery system, since their missile technology was about a decade ahead
> that of any other country.

Yes, and there was the raid on the heavy-water plant in Norway. Had it
not have been successful... who know where'd we be now?

> > We should've let the Nazis stoot-slap your asses, it would've shut you
> > up.
>
> If you knew anything about histroy, that is exactly what happened. You
> only came in to the war years after it was started when Perl Harbour was
> destroyed by the Japanese.
>
> Now I have a question for you: did you fall asleep in histroy lessons or
> is everyone taught as badly as you?

baloogah.

--
- Brent

"General Veer, prepare your underpants for ground assault."
- Darth Vader

http://rotten168.home.att.net

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux  starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 06:05:42 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, T. Max Devlin wrote:
>Said Stephen S. Edwards II in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 12 Jun 2001
>>"David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>>news:9fngm6$obl$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>>> People will continue to mock you as long as you make this ridiculous
>>> assosiation that those who do not claim pride or love for their country
>>are
>>> cowards.
>>
>>A person who chooses not to take sides is the very
>>definition of a coward, Mr. Brown.
>
>Bullshit.  That's just the last ditch effort of an extremist to tar the
>moderate with an ad hominem attack.
>
>Being an extremist on either side is easy.  It is refusing to "choose
>sides" that takes courage.  Be your own man.
>
>>If you cannot
>>see that, then God help you, sir.
>
>We are told that God helps those who helps themselves.  Others he
>"helps" to eternal damnation.  Fuck God.

Oh my.

I wish you would have come to our companies sexual harrassment
seminars.  They would have done you some good.

--
Charlie
=======

------------------------------

From: "Robert Morelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Microsoft Incredibly Sorry
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:22:48 -0600

May 3:

Microsoft Senior Vice President Craig Mundie last month lambasted
the open-source community for "releasing unhealthy code."

June 7:  Security Lapse of the Day ...

"Microsoft revealed a security hole in its Exchange 2000 mail server
Wednesday that could allow an attacker to target corporate employees
with programs that delete their mail."

see http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6217519.html?tag=rltdnws

June 8:  First Fix ...

 "We have had severe e-mail problems since applying the fix," wrote Trey
Carr, IS manager at ZonaFinanciera.com. ...Our ability to send and
receive mail was completely stopped by this 'fix.' I am using (a
Web-based e-mail service) to send (this message) because our server is
completely hung."

see http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6228459.html?tag=rltdnws

June 13: Second Try ... Microsoft Incredibly Sorry ...

"Microsoft contritely acknowledged Wednesday that its second attempt to
fix an Exchange security hole went awry. Rather than fix the problem--
and the security hole--the company's second attempt at a software patch
included a catastrophic bug that caused many servers to hang. The
company was not aware of the problem until alerted by CNET News.com.
The prolonged embarrassment comes at a tough time for Microsoft, as the
company tries to hold onto its share of the server software market,
partly by attacking Linux and other open-source software competitors."

see http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6270970.html?tag=lh

Now,  for any of you folks out there whose confidence in MS and .Net
might be shaken by this episode,  let me say that my heart goes out to
you.  Perhaps you can take some comfort in these inspirational words
from the Meta Group:

March 22:

Meta Group commentary on .Net:  "For Microsoft, these services
are an extension of a long-term corporate policy that has made it
a leader in privacy and personal security on the Internet.
Web users who are entering the Web through Microsoft sites such
as MSN already have a trust relationship with Microsoft. They probably
would be comfortable with the idea of trusting Microsoft with their
personal information"

And it gets even better.

see http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-201-5225612-0.html

And don't any of you MS-haters out there try to undermine these
inspirational words.  Alright,  the Meta Group is a bunch of goofballs,
but let's not be hard on the MS crowd at this difficult time.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Getting used to Linux
Date: 14 Jun 2001 06:35:41 GMT

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:04:07 -0700, Paolo Ciambotti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <9g76m2$s75$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Ha! Shows how much *you* know.
>>
>> FVWM is the ONE TRUE WINDOW MAGAGER anything else is the spawn of satan,
>> pure and simple, much like vi nd emacs.
>
> Vi?  Emacs?  Real programmers use PICO!  Everything else is just lame.
No they don't ... *real GNU* programmers use Nano, as Pico !=GPl :)

Btw Nano looks just like Pico, works just like Pico, but has enhancements:)

--
Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/Linux.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:44:37 -0700

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said GreyCloud in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:53:11
> >Chad Myers wrote:
> >>
> >> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> It's not quite the same. You don't have rabid moronic Windows guerillas
> >> who set up web sites to flame Linux in the droves that you do the
> >> other way around. Windows advocates typically like Windows, keep the
> >> Penguinistas from spreading too many lies, and extol the virtues of
> >> Windows once in awhile. They have nothing to prove because they
> >> just want to use what's right. Penguinistas, OTOH, earned the title
> >> because of their militant and underground nature of attack, propaganda,
> >> and flame.
> >>
> >> -c
> >
> >When is MS going to fix VC6.0??  I've had that tool for over a year now
> >and no fixes.
>
> Fuck you.  It's a monopoly.  Just shut up and buy more.
>
> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***

Huh?  I've had this piece of crap C++ compiler for way over a year and a
half.  You think I'd get any support from MS??  Not on your life.
I sure wish I could afford Sun Forte C/C++.

From: "Matthew Gardiner (BOFH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:50:57 +1200

> Huh?  I've had this piece of crap C++ compiler for way over a year and a
> half.  You think I'd get any support from MS??  Not on your life.
> I sure wish I could afford Sun Forte C/C++.

Personally, SUN should give alway all their development tools, and when
the person/business has finished and decided whether they wish to sell
the app or GPL it, then they pay SUN a norminal fee either straight up,
or per unit. If it is GPL, then they don't have to pay a bean.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:53:37 -0700

"Matthew Gardiner (BOFH)" wrote:

> > You overlook one important point there Matthew... after WWII was over
> > with most of the industrialized world was in shambles.  The U.S. was the
> > only remaining industrial force left.  Every man and woman in the 1950's
> > could easily get a job without a hassle. Not like today.  If there were
> > no WWII we would still be down in the dumps.
>
> MUST I also re-inforce the fact that Germany could not continue the war for
> any longer. Even the German Economic Minister warned Hitler of the dire
> consequences if the war carried on too far.  Hitler, a fit of nationalism,
> continued on.  It was only  matter of time.

I know... they were badly pressed for resources.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Subject: Re: LINUX PRINTING SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Date: 14 Jun 2001 07:06:23 GMT

flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2001 20:21:17 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote:

>>flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Too sweet and gives a nasty headache if I drink too much, especially
>>> if it's a hot summer day.
>>
>>> Becks is ok.
>>
>>> I like Samuel Adams, or Michelob Lite.
>>
>>Ah, the absolute worst of the absolute worst.  I'm not surprised.

> Ok, so what is on *your* A-list of recommendations ?

> The worst would be Meister-Brau BTW :)

Ale: Old Peculiar
Stout: Murphy's
Pilsner: Oechner Pils
Boch: Andechs Doppelbock Dunkel
Lager: Spaten

=====.

--
"George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"

---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Date: 14 Jun 2001 07:06:59 GMT

drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2001 18:54:00 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ([EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)) wrote:

>>> Any.
>>
>>heineken?

> That's lager isn't it?

No, its pilsner.  Read the goddamned can.

=====.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.)
Crossposted-To:
Date: 14 Jun 2001 07:08:53 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Said . in alt.destroy.microsoft on 8 Jun 2001 16:24:44 GMT;
>>In comp.os.linux.advocacy T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Said [EMAIL PROTECTED] () in alt.destroy.microsoft on Wed, 6 Jun 2001
>>> 20:33:04 +0200;

>>> Why confabulate the two?  Is it because your point that patriotism is
>>> bad is so utterly weak that unless you throw religion into the same mold
>>> you don't have a point, maybe?

>>> Then why are you whining like a child because someone else is proud of
>>> where they are from?

>>> You'd prefer everyone in the world thought the same way?  That's called
>>> bigotry, to think your way is the only right way.  When taken to
>>> national levels, it generally becomes fascist.  Now do you understand
>>> why Stephen called you a communist?

>>> We happen to have one of the best records ever made, dickweed.  Sure,
>>> the French and the English (note the order, limey) were instrumental,
>>> but then so were the ancient Greeks.  The USA pretty much provided the
>>> template for the modern sensibility of fundamental human rights, though,
>>> and Americans are and rightly should be very proud of the fact.
>>
>>While at the same time, with the other hand, murdering people at Kent State,
>>Grant Park, The Bowery and Washington Square, etc. etc. etc.

> As always, you can tell when someone's position is shakey when they
> start using metaphoric, rather than analytic, speech.  People were
> killed at Kent State and these other places, certainly.  They were not,
> however, murdered.

>>And that was just in the last half of the last century.
>>Not to mention vietnam, nicaruagua, north korea, etc, etc, etc.
>>Not to mention McCarthy.
>>Or LBJ.

> What about them?  Are you under the impression I am denying they exist?

>>Actually, the united states has one of the WORST records of human rights
>>violations of any "civilized" country in the world.

> Compared to whom?  Perhaps our transgressions are simply more widely
> known?  And you are begging the question, I suppose, with the qualifier
> of 'civilized'.

Note that George Dubya was just kicked off the Human Rights Commission.

Ahem.

=====.