Nick Piggin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Christoph Lameter has patches exactly to make PAGE_CACHE_SIZE larger than
> PAGE_SIZE, and they seem to work without much effort. I happen to hate the
> patches ;) but that doesn't change the fact that PAGE_CACHE_SIZE is
> relatively useful and it is not at all an ill-defined concept.

Where, please? mm kernels?

> Basically, anything that goes in the page cache is in units of
> PAGE_CACHE_SIZE, and nothing else. For filesystems it should be pretty
> easy...

That depends on what the coverage of struct page is.  I don't actually know
whether this is PAGE_SIZE or PAGE_CACHE_SIZE; I assumed it to be the former,
but from what you've said, I'm not actually sure.

David
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-arch" in