On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 05:11:43PM -0800, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
>> If it really becomes an issue we
>> should rework the nvme code to also skip the multipath code for any
>> private namespace, even if that could mean some trouble when rescanning.
>>

> This requires some explanation? skip the multipath code how?

We currently always go through the multipath node as long the the
controller is multipath capable.  If we care about e.g. polling
on a private namespace on a dual ported U.2 drive we'd have to make
sure we don't go through the multipath device node for private namespaces
that can only have one path, but only for shared namespaces.