Thinking about this a bit more, would a setup with btrfs on top of
DRBD be a setup that comes in the neighboorhood of what SnapMirror
provides? DRBD does replication at the blocklevel, without any notion
of a filesystem on top of it (as I understand this). So, if I make a
snapshot on a DRBD'ed btrfs filesystem, this snapshot would also get
replicated at the DRBD level. Provided I put the DB in a consisted
state before making the snap, I have a remote consistent copy of this
DB. This copy can be used as a failover target or as a basis for
restore.

Am I correct?