On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:50:57PM +0200, Gal Buki wrote:
> I have RAID 10 using 4 times 500GB drives (1TB of storage).
> Is it possible to create another RAID 10 with 4 times 250GB drives
> (500GB of storage) and then combine those two RAIDs to one file
> system so that I would be able to get 1.5TB?
>
> If I create one RAID 10 with all 8 drives I would only be able to
> use 8 times 250GB /2 = 1TB, right?

   No, just add the new drives to the existing btrfs pool, and run a
balance, and you should get a btrfs filesystem with 1.5TB of
mirrored/striped storage.

   Hugo.

   --- Anyone who claims their cryptographic protocol is secure is ---
         either a genius or a fool.  Given the genius/fool ratio
                 for our species,  the odds aren't good.