Hi Ilya,

Am 05.09.2011 15:07, schrieb Ilya Dryomov:
> Well, it's *sort of* expected if you think about it. When you mounted
> after set-default, your /home is no longer a valid subvolume access
> point (it was in the default subvolume, until you rebooted). Inside
> your snapshot /home is just an empty directory (there's more to it,
> that's why you can't delete it, but that's irrelevant here). However
> if you mount with subvolid=<objectid>, you point to a subvolume
> directly, skipping the lookup (which leads to an empty dir if you are
> inside your snapshot). That's why it works when you use the subvolid.
> We should probably tune the lookup to make subvol= work in this case.

Ah, thank you very much, that sounds logical with the lookup table and
the - not valid access point - BUT:

Why could i still manually "mount -o subvol=home /dev/mapper/root /home"
and home was just empty but mounted (i looked at the mount table output)?
Shouldn't that give me an error that home can't be found in the lookup
table?

There was a difference between the content of subvol=home and
subvolid=256 and i was able to mount both but only one (id 256)
contained my data, the other seems to be empty.

> You say it's reproducable, can you give us a backtrace to look at ?

Yes, when the backup recovery job is done... And that's not really fast
currently due to external usb hd on my notebook... may take some time. ;)

Bye
Björn