On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 03:34:00PM +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, Hugo,
>
> Du meintest am 07.05.12:
>
> >> =================== boot messages, kernel related ==============
> >>
> >> [boot with kernel 3.3.4]
> >> May  7 06:55:26 Arktur kernel: ata5: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0
> >> SErr 0x10000 action 0xe frozen
> >> May  7 06:55:26 Arktur kernel: ata5: SError: { PHYRdyChg }
> >> May  7 06:55:26 Arktur kernel: ata5: hard resetting link
>
> [...]
>
> >    This is a hardware error. You have a device that's either dead or
> > dying. (Given the number of errors, probably already dead).
>
> It's dead - R.I.P.
>
> I've tried it with a SATA-USB-adapter - that adapter produces dmesg
> lines when connecting or disconnecting.
>
> And this special drive doesn't tell anything now. Shit.

   Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I don't think we can point the
finger at btrfs here.

   It looks like you've lost most of your data -- losing a RAID-0
stripe across the whole FS isn't likely to have left much of it
intact. If you've got the space (or the money to get it), mkfs.btrfs
-m raid1 -d raid1 would have saved you here.

[ Incidentally, thinking about it, the failure coming at a kernel
   upgrade could well be down to the additional stress of the
   power-down/reboot finally pushing a bad drive over the edge. ]

   In sympathy,
   Hugo.

    --- But somewhere along the line, it seems / That pimp became ---
                       cool,  and punk mainstream.