On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 01:37:21PM +0100, Simon Campese wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a quick question: Does btrfs adapt to size changes of the
> underlying block device(s)?
>
> My specific situation is as follows: I've got a luks-volume on which I
> want to put btrfs. If this luks-volume grows in the future (i.e. by
> 'cryptsetup resize'), will btrfs automatically (and reliably) "see" this
> and be able to use the additional space?

  Not automatically, you need to invoke btrfs command for that. But
shrinking and growing works online and is reliable.

   btrfs filesystem resize [devid:][+/-]<newsize>[gkm]|[devid:]max <path>

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen