On 2/14/14, 4:24 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:41:16AM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:

>>> Is there some consensus what's the lowest kernel version to be supported
>>> by xfstests? 2.6.32 is the lowest base for kernels in use today, so
>>> worrying about anything older does not seem necessary.
>>>

>> I don't know that it's been discussed - selfishly, I know our QE uses
>> xfstests on RHEL5, which is 2.6.18-based.
>
> Sure, but they can just add the test to a "rhel5-expunged" file and
> they don't have to care about tests that won't work on RHEL 5 or
> other older kernels. Or to send patches to add "_requires_relatime"
> so that it automatically does the right thing for older kernels.

sure but some of this test is still valid on a kernel w/o relatime.
And since it's the default, "relatime" might disappear from /proc/mounts
some day anyway, so explicitly mounting with the option & failing
if that fails might be good future-proofind in any case.

*shrug*

It was just a request, not a demand.  :)  Koen, you can do with
it whatever you like.  Reviews aren't ultimatums.  :)

If xfstests upstream is only targeted at the current kernel, that's
fine, but maye we should make that a little more explicit.

-Eric