Hello Duncan.

Duncan - 09.07.17, 11:17:
> Paul Jones posted on Sun, 09 Jul 2017 09:16:36 +0000 as excerpted:
> >> Marc MERLIN - 08.07.17, 21:34:
> >>
> >> Anyone else getting corruptions with 4.11?
> >>
> >> I happily switch back to 4.10.17 or even 4.9 if that is the case. I may
> >> even do so just from your reports. Well, yes, I will do exactly that. I
> >> just switch back for 4.10 for now. Better be safe, than sorry.
> >
> > No corruption for me - I've been on 4.11 since about .2 and everything
> > seems fine. Currently on 4.11.8
>
> No corruptions here either. 4.12.0 now, previously 4.12-rc5(ish, git),
> before that 4.11.0.
>
> I have however just upgraded to new ssds then wiped and setup the old
[…]
> Also, all my btrfs are raid1 or dup for checksummed redundancy, and
> relatively small, the largest now 80 GiB per device, after the upgrade.
> And my use-case doesn't involve snapshots or subvolumes.
>
> So any bug that is most likely on older filesystems, say those without
> the no-holes feature, for instance, or that doesn't tend to hit raid1 or
> dup mode, or that is less likely on small filesystems on fast ssds, or
> that triggers most often with reflinks and thus on filesystems with
> snapshots, is unlikely to hit me.

Hmmm, the BTRFS filesystems on my laptop 3 to 5 or even more years old. I stick
with 4.10 for now, I think.

The older ones are RAID 1 across two SSDs, the newer one is single device, on
one SSD.

These filesystems didn´t fail me in years and since 4.5 or 4.6 even the "I
search for free space" kernel hang (hung tasks and all that) is gone as well.

Thanks,
--
Martin