On 2017年12月13日 05:12, David Sterba wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 03:34:22PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
>> The patch is consist of 2 main parts:
>> 1) Type based qgroup reservation
>>    The original patchset is sent several months ago.
>>    Nothing is modified at all, just rebased. And not conflict at all.
>>
>>    It's from patch 1 to patch 6.
>>
>> 2) Split meta qgroup reservation into per-trans and prealloc sub types
>>    The real work to address metadata underflow.
>>    Due to the over-reserve problem, this part is still in RFC state.
>>    But the framework should mostly be fine, only needs extra fine-tuning
>>    to get more accurate qgroup rsv to avoid too early limit.
>>
>>    It's from patch 7 to 14.
>
> I'm going to add the whole patchset to next, the first part has been
> there for some time and no test failures were reported. I optimistically
> expect that the second part will also be fine.

The type based reservation is completely fine, since it doesn't
introduce anything new, just a preparation for the incoming meta rework.

However I prefer not to push the whole patchset to upstream until
over-reserve behavior is solved.
Since it breaks quite some test cases with small limit.

> However I'm not sure how
> good is the test coverage of qgroups in fstests, so lack of reports may
> not mean anything.

That's why I submitted mkfs.btrfs quota support some times ago. :^)

Thanks,
Qu