On 2018-03-08 05:36, waxhead wrote:
Just out of curiosity, are there any work going on for enabling different "RAID" levels per subvolume?!
Not that I know of, but it would be great to have (I could get rid of some of the various small isolated volumes I have solely to have a different storage profile for part of the system (it makes essentially zero sense to use raid1 for /var/cache)), assuming that cross-profile reflinks are properly disallowed (or have an option to be disallowed).

And out of even more curiosity how is this planned to be handled with btrfs balance?! When per subvolume "RAID" levels are good to go, how would you then run the balance filters to convert / leave alone certain parts of the filesystem?!
I would assume a new balance filter would be added to select only chunks used by a given subvolume.