On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 05:22:08PM +0200, Nikolay Borisov wrote:

> On  7.03.2018 16:43, David Sterba wrote:

> >> I'm surprised that checkpatch.pl didn't complain.
>
> I have written a python script that can scrape the mailing list and run
> checkpatch (and any other software deemed appropriate) on posted patches
> and reply back with results. However, I haven't really activated it, I
> guess if people think there is merit in it I could hook it up to the
> mailing list :)

If we and checkpatch agree on the issues to report then yes, but I think
it would be confusing when we'd have to tell people to ignore some of
the warnings. I think we'd need to tune checkpatch for our needs, I
would not mind testing it locally. I'd start with catching typos in the
changelogs and comments, that's something that happens all the time and
can be automated. Next, implement AI that will try to understand the
changelog and tell people what's missing.