On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 06:03:00PM -0400, Fedja Beader wrote:
> Is there some testing utility for this? Is there a way to extract this/tell
> with a high enough certainty from datasheets/other material before purchase?

   Given that not implementing barriers is basically a bug in the
hardware [for SATA or SAS], I don't think anyone's going to specify
anything other than "fully suppors barriers" in their datasheets.

   I don't know of a testing tool. It may not be obvious that barriers
aren't being honoured without doing things like power-failure testing.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | "Damn and blast British Telecom!" said Dirk,
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | the words coming easily from force of habit.