On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 06:43:38PM +0200, waxhead wrote:
[snip]
> I hope I am not asking for too much (but I know I probably am), but
> I suggest that having a small snippet of information on the status
> page showing a little bit about what is either currently the
> development focus , or what people are known for working at would be
> very valuable for users and it may of course work both ways, such as
> exciting people or calming them down. ;)
>
> For example something simple like a "development focus" list...
> 2018-Q4: (planned) Renaming the grotesque "RAID" terminology
> 2018-Q3: (planned) Magical feature X
> 2018-Q2: N-Way mirroring
> 2018-Q1: Feature work "RAID"5/6
>
> I think it would be good for people living their lives outside as it
> would perhaps spark some attention from developers and perhaps even
> media as well.

   I started doing this a couple of years ago, but it turned out to be
impossible to keep even vaguely accurate or up to date, without going
round and bugging the developers individually on a per-release
basis. I don't think it's going to happen.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | emacs: Emacs Makes A Computer Slow.
hugo@... carfax.org.uk |