Hi!

I can only tell how MS and Novell are handling this (which is, BTW a good
system imo):

Upon your first test you get an ID (MCP-ID form MS, some Novell-ID from
Novell). Now if you want to take a test, you have to provide your ID in
order to avoid duplicate entries in the database of the test provider (be
it Sylvan Prometric or VUE). Sylvan and VUE register you as their customer
and give you an ID as well (Sylvan's SP-Identity, VUE identifies you by
name). So at whichever provider you test, they (try to) avoid the
duplication of IDs and care about the Certification-ID at MS/Novell, if
they don't, you're in big trouble (I was VUE-Administrator at a time, and
duplicated IDs - it takes forever to correct that again). That is the
downside.

But nonetheless - the ID is the best way to go with. You can log on to
the respective web sites with your ID and a password (you can get it by
filling out a form). There you have all information about your
certification status, but they don't show your failed exams, only your
*accomplished* certifications/tests.

And I think it's important to have the site secured (minimally by
user name/password, ideally with SSL). You *can't* give out the information
yourself, only the customer (the one who takes the test) should decide who
gets to know what. They will be given (written) certificates anyway (they
are, aren't they?), so that's what they can give their bosses.

hope this helps

oliver hensel

--
Oliver Hensel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>