I'm giving a presentation this week on Linux and I can use some up-to-date
statistics for Linux: growth in the market, number of users, that sort of
thing. My current data is a tad old, dating back to the end of last year.

I've been over to IDC, but they want 1,200 - 1,500 USD to read their
papers.  My other searches haven't turned up anything other than "This
company uses Linux as ..." which will come in handy, but I need some other
stats.

Also, if anyone knows of some whiz-bang, cool show-stoppers (That can be
done an a P100 laptop :-). let me know, cuz I'd like to dazzle the audience
with Linux as well as with myself. :-)

(This is the kind of thing that should be on the LPI Press web site,
IMNSHO.  How's that going, BTW?)