On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 07:17:08AM +0800, Peng Tao wrote:
> To tell file system not to return partial success in the
> .copy_file_range method. This is useful to implement the
> clone (or reflink) functionality.

The return value is only part of it, the other part is to
make it atomic.  Thus I don't think overloading copy_file_range
is a good idea - we should have a seaprate .clone_file_range that
is called by the btrfs ioctls moved to the core, and have
vfs_copy_file_range use .clone_file_range if that exists, and
if none of the potentially conflicting future flags like
COPY_FALLOC are present.