On 10/20/2015 06:22 PM, Steve French wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Ross Lagerwall
<ross.lagerw...@citrix.com> wrote:
On 10/19/2015 05:21 PM, Steve French wrote:

Could you verify this over SMB2 (vers=3.0) as well?  It looks like it
should fail because cifs_all_info_to_fattr doesn't see the inode
attribute change and fill in the new inode number  (IndexNuber).  I am
suspicious that your patch is overkill (sends an extra request on
revalidate, doubling the traffic) in the SMB2/SMB3 case since we are
already doing a query file with FILE_ALL_INFO requested which already
returned IndexNumber (so should have already gotten the inode number)
- probably more important to use the IndexNumber we got back rather
than request it twice.

I've found commit 7196ac113a4f ("Fix to check Unique id and FileType when client refer file directly."), which fixes the same problem for when UNIX extensions are enabled. I will submit the same fix for SMB2+ (since you've already got the uniqueid without needing to issue an extra network request).

--
Ross Lagerwall