[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ryan,

Thank you so much for your replies.

I tracked down the registration and reserve to the first cluster node,
by converting the hex value to the IP per your instructions. All nodes
reported only this one registration.

On that node, I try:
# sg_persist -C --out /dev/sdc

and it returns a failure, citing a scsi reservation conflict.

I then try on kop-sds-01, the node holding the reservation:

#/etc/init.d/scsi_reserve stop
  connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
  No volume groups found

Now, I initially had clvmd running, and I had volume groups defined, but
since I'm running on a netapp that does all of that stuff, I decided to
simplify it and remove this stuff. I removed all that in the beginning,
after initially trying to troubleshoot this problem. Are these
reservations somehow stuck looking at an old lvm configuration
somewhere?

Yes. The scsi_reserve script depends on clvmd running, since it looks for devices that comprise any cluster lvm volumes.

Glad we cleared up that issue.

Thanks!

No problem at all.