On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 05:34:19AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Francis Moreau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > hmm yes indeed it should do the job, but I don't see how you do that.
> > For example, let say I want to use "aes-foo" with eCryptfs. I can give
> > a higher priority to "aes-foo" than "aes" one. When eCryptfs asks for
> > a aes cipher it will pass "aes" name and since "aes-foo" has a higher
> > priority then the cypto core will return "aes-foo" cipher, right ? But
> > in this scheme, eCryptfs has not a higher priority than other kernel
> > users. How can I prevent others to use "aes-foo" ?
>
> You would assign "aes-foo" a lower priority and then tell eCryptfs to
> use "aes-foo" instead of "aes".

Note that eCryptfs whitelists the cipher name (see
fs/ecryptfs/crypto.c::ecryptfs_cipher_code_str_map[] and associated
functions). This is because eCryptfs needs to pick a cipher code
(RFC2440-ish) to identify the cipher in the encrypted file
metadata. Shall I go ahead with a patch to add support for the '-'
qualifier?

Mike
-