On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:45:33PM +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 04:21:02PM -0400, Neil Horman wrote:
> >
> > + * See http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cavp/documents/rng/931rngext.pdf
> > + * for implementation details
>
> BTW, any reason why counter mode is used? This document specifies
> simple AES only, with no modes of operations.

I think I have an irc log somewhere where I thought we discussed this, and
decided that counter mode allowed us a larger period in the random number
stream, but you're correct, simple AES mode is called for in the specification.
I suppose its better to do whats written down there rather than do what makes
intuitive sense, I'll change that.

Regards
Neil

--