On 01/26/2010 09:41 AM, Bai Shuwei wrote:
> Hello, everyone:
>     i add one line in the setkey function which is in xts.c file to
> print the in_key value. I find the key value not same i set in the
> keyfile by cryptsetup
>
>    my command is
> #   cryptsetup luksFormat -d my_keyfile -c xts-aes-plain -s 256 /dev/loop0

-d is key file for key slot (passphrase), volume (master) key for encryption
is generated using RNG during luksFormat inside cryptsetup.

You can use pre-generated master key using --master-key-file in cryptsetup 1.1.x
(but note it reads raw input, not hexa encoding). See man page.

You do not need to modify xts.c btw, try "dmsetup table --showkeys" for active
dm-crypt mappings to show used volume key.

userspace cryptsetup)

Milan
--
mb...@redhat.com