On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 07:46:12PM -0700, David Miller wrote:

> Even if userland "does" this, nothing stops another thread
> from rmmod'ing the dependency in between the modloads.
>
> We have to handle this case properly in the kernel, no matter
> what.

Right, if that had happened I think the reasonable response would
be to fail the subsequent load for lack of dependency rather than
looping around forever.

However, I don't think that's what Brandon is seeing here, unless
there is something performing the rmmod?

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>