----- "Herbert Xu" <herb...@gondor.hengli.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 10:17:53PM +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> > Hello,
> > following is a patchset providing an user-space interface to the kernel
> > crypto
> > API.  It is based on the older, BSD-compatible, implementation, but the
> > user-space interface is different.
>
> Thanks for the patches.
>
> Unfortunately it fails to satisfy the requirement of supporting
> all our existing kernel crypto interfaces, such as AEAD, as well
> as being flexible enough in adding new interfaces such as xor.
Thanks for the review.

I think I can add AEAD (and compression/RNG, if requested) easily enough, I'll
send an updated patch set.

(Talking specifically about xor, xor does not seem to be cryptographic
operation that should be exposed as such to userspace - and AFAICS it is not
integrated in the crypto API algorithm mechanism in the kernel either.)

Is the proposed interface acceptable in the general approach (enums for
algorithms/operations, unions for parameters, session init/update/finalize)?
With respect to flexibility, do you have specific suggestions or areas of
concern?
    Mirek