Hi Sandy,

On 10/05/2014 05:09 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:
There was recently a patch to the random driver to replace memset()
because, according to the submitter, gcc sometimes optimises memset()
away which might leave data unnecessarily exposed. The solution
suggested was a function called memzero_explicit(). There was a fair
bit of discussion and the patch was accepted.

In the crypto directory of the kernel source I have:

$ grep memset *.c | wc -l
133
$

I strongly suspect some of these should be fixed.

I have submitted it here one month ago for crypto and it's still
awaiting to be applied:

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-crypto/msg11965.html

As the random driver patch has been applied to random -dev, it will be
available from 3.18 onwards, but the dependency for crypto is currently
there, that's why I asked Ted to take it through his tree; hopefully
this will happen soonish (but I haven't heard anything back ever since) ...

Thanks!

Daniel