On 10/14/2014 01:18 PM, Tadeusz Struk wrote:
> On 10/14/2014 08:41 AM, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
>> Oh, that's a really good point.  But can you at least change the message to
>> do a
>> FW_BUG and dump the node information?  That would be useful for debugging.
>
> But this not always will be a FW_BUG. If a user will not populate one of
> the nodes with memory this will happen as well.

Hmmm ... let's maybe think about this.  I wonder if there is some mechanism with
which we can determine that?  Larry Woodman -- is there any mm related call that
we can make to determine if a node is memory-less?

I could see this to be
> the main reason of this message to be printed. In this case
> num_possible_nodes() will be e.g. 2 and dev_to_node(&pdev->dev) will be
> -1 so I don't really know what will be a useful info to print so we
> don't confuse the user.

If you see -1, it means "No node was assigned" ... so -1 in a debug message is
okay IMO.

P.