On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 09:02:36PM -0700, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> We already have an interface that can handle asymmetric keys and it is easy
> to extend with new key formats and key types. So lets use that. I can clearly
> see that after RSA, we get DSA, ECDH etc. So having a simple way to handle
> these key formats is a good idea. That infrastructure is already in place and
> easy to extend if needed. Especially with the background that some keys might
> be actually in hardware or compiled into the kernel, the current asymmetric
> key interface has the right abstraction. It is also the right abstraction to
> deal with crypto hardware like TPM or even UEFI.

The crypto API akcipher interface is never going to be used for TPM
or UEFI.  This is a purely algorithmic interface intended for
hardware acceleration devices.  If your key is embedded into the
hardware or otherwise hidden then this is not the interface for you.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>