On 17.08.2015 15:10, Heiner Kallweit wrote:

>>> After some more testing it seems like SSS in general has problems on Exynos
>>> 5422.
>>> Also the AES implementation in s5p-sss doesn't work. dmesg output:
>>>
>>> [    7.116739] alg: skcipher: encryption failed on chunk test 1 for
>>> ecb-aes-s5p: ret=22
>>> [    7.123673] s5p-sss driver registered
>>
>> Have you tried or looked at vendor code for Samsung mobile devices?
>> The code can be downloaded from opensource.samsung.com. I think the
>> model with Exynos5422 is SM-G900H.
>>
>> I don't have any other hints...
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Krzysztof
>> .
>>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> I now took a look at the kernel code Odroid provides, especially the ACE
> crypto driver.
> It's a 3.10.82 kernel with a lot of Samsung code which is not (yet)
> upstreamed.
>
> There seem to be different revisions of SSS (ACE driver mentions v.4, v.5,
> v.6, and Slim SSS).
> The vendor kernel uses Slim SSS and the HW AES encryption works.
> The code there looks like Exynos 5422 should support also v.5, but it's
> disabled.
>
> I didn't test all SSS registers but for the ones I tested I can change the
> value.
> Having said that access to SSS registers is not forbidden.
>
> Then I changed the memory mapped region to 0x10900000, offset 0x800.
> According to the
> vendor kernel code there should be the registers for hash functions under
> Slim SSS.
>
> Not much luck either .. Maybe because Slim SSS uses another clock.
> The Slim SSS clock is defined in include/dt-bindings/clock/exynos5420.h
> already.
> I added a clock definition based on the one in the vendor kernel and changed
> the DT node to use it.
>
>         GATE(CLK_SSS, "sss", "aclk266_g2d", GATE_IP_G2D, 2, 0, 0),
> +       GATE(CLK_SLIM_SSS, "slimsss", "aclk266_g2d", GATE_IP_G2D, 12, 0, 0),
>
> But this didn't do the trick yet.

Try booting with "clk_ignore_unused" in command line to reduce the
chance that wrong clock-hierarchy causes some important clocks to be gated.

The clock hierarchy for SSS in mainline is not fully implemented. Beside
multiple SSS clocks in GATE_IP_G2D and other places, there are also SSS
bus clocks in GATE_BUS_G2D. By default (after reset) they are not gated
but who knows what bootloader does with them?

Best regards,
Krzysztof