Am Freitag, dem 09.04.2021 um 10:11 +0800 schrieb Hangbin Liu:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 08:11:34AM -0700, Eric Biggers wrote:

> > > I just read the code. The drivers/char/random.c do has some fips
> > > specific
> > > parts(seems not related to crypto). After commit e192be9d9a30 ("random:
> > > replace
> > > non-blocking pool with a Chacha20-based CRNG") we moved part of chacha
> > > code to
> > > lib/chacha20.c and make that code out of control.
> > >
> > So you are saying that you removed drivers/char/random.c and
> > lib/chacha20.c from
> > your FIPS module boundary?  Why not do the same for WireGuard?
>
> No, I mean this looks like a bug (using not allowed crypto in FIPS mode) and
> we should fix it.

The entirety of random.c is not compliant to FIPS rules. ChaCha20 is the least
of the problems. SP800-90B is the challenge. This is one of the motivation of
the design and architecture of the LRNG allowing different types of crypto and
have a different approach to post-process the data.

https://github.com/smuellerDD/lrng

Ciao
Stephan